• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] The Innova vs Discmania Beef

I dunno. People use the term "beefy" to describe a disc that's pretty OS, and I describe my Drone as "pure beef."

So Beef would probs be a good name for a super overstable wind fighter.

Then again... might not appeal to vegetarians/vegans. :\

I'm in the no red meat camp.;)

Turns out I have a beef disc. It's a cousin to new Discmania

attachment.php

There were justices with a beef stamp a couple years back as well.

Surely between the thunderbird Viking and Valkyrie in different plastics you can find something in that range

You'd hope so. I've only ever thrown one Thundy, a champ and it was too beefy. I spent a few months trying to beat it up but it never got juicy enough. I lost it and wasn't too sad. And I've heard anecdotally that the stars start out even more overstable!

Pro Thunderbird would probably do the trick, but those are tough to acquire. Same is true for Star Savant. Valk develops more high-speed turn than I'm looking for.

And before anyone suggests an Orc: no. Just no. That mold has been dead to me since 2007.

Innova should make an overstable utility disc named the Bull, that way every time you go bushwhacking off the fairway, you can say with confidence, "yep, this is some Bull sh**."

Hypothetically, what if the Fairway Disc comes out flat and overstable, like Innova put special care into it and made a second run FD with their first try. Now that'd be beefworthy.

Hypothetically, what if the Fairway Disc comes out flat and overstable, like Innova put special care into it and made a second run FD with their first try. Now that'd be beefworthy.

If we compare the pdga stats, it does appear that the Fairway Disc is lower profile than the Jackal and that it's flexibility requires more weight meaning a stiffer disc (I'm guessing that's how the weight in the flexibility is used). We'll just have to wait and see I guess

If we compare the pdga stats, it does appear that the Fairway Disc is lower profile than the Jackal and that it's flexibility requires more weight meaning a stiffer disc (I'm guessing that's how the weight in the flexibility is used). We'll just have to wait and see I guess

Do the measurements come off the mold or a disc? If it's the disc how much variation can you have between runs or even discs with in a run? I only ask because the listed numbers don't seem very far apart.

Do the measurements come off the mold or a disc? If it's the disc how much variation can you have between runs or even discs with in a run? I only ask because the listed numbers don't seem very far apart.

The numbers come off the disc the company sent to PDGA to get approved. There's a lot of variations between runs and sometimes even in a single run

The numbers come off the disc the company sent to PDGA to get approved. There's a lot of variations between runs and sometimes even in a single run

Companies are supposed to submit discs in their stiffest plastic too, so that may have influenced the way this specific disc molded up and themeasurement. I'd assume this disc is an exact duplicate. Why would Innova mess around with such a beloved disc?

Latest posts