• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Roc is...

i bought a flat top roc and it is great 9 times out of 10 my roc is tossed it is the very rare shots that i need something either very flippy or very stable.

so i have a star roc + that im not particularly enamored with. my favorite mids are vectors and cores. im going to get a 'real' roc, either a dx or kc pro, which one would beat in to best compliment my mids? which one beats in better period?

...is a game changing disc. If you know me, you know I swear up and down that the Buzzz is the best disc made. Well I just recently bought a set of 3 Rocs (overstable, straight, beat) on here. I've been playing all week with nothing but the 3 Rocs and a putter and I have shot my best 4 rounds on my home course that I've ever shot including a -10 (it's not a very tough course, but my best prior was -5). I say all this to say...WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE FORCE ME TO THROW ROCS BEFORE NOW!?!?

Rocs rock, period.

welcome to the club. sorry it took you so long to give them a chance. just because you throw rocs does not mean you cannot also throw the buzzz as well. they are similar discs but the buzzz is a bit faster and IMO flies more like a slow fairway driver while the roc is a 'true mid'.

so i have a star roc + that im not particularly enamored with. my favorite mids are vectors and cores. im going to get a 'real' roc, either a dx or kc pro, which one would beat in to best compliment my mids? which one beats in better period?

dx. kc pro will start out similar to the vector and take much longer to break in.

Last edited:
flat tops are the best

yes the flat ones are most certainly best. 2 flatties and an 11x kc pro in my bag.

what i like about rocs is....if thrown even just the slightest bit Off Axis (Torque) "OAT" ...it's going to let you know that you threw the disc wrong. not many discs that you can say that about.

the best "form inproving" disc out there.

Roc...the only way to go.

what i like about rocs is....if thrown even just the slightest bit Off Axis (Torque) "OAT" ...it's going to let you know that you threw the disc wrong. not many discs that you can say that about.

the best "form inproving" disc out there.

rocs are decent for that once seasoned but definitely not when new. you must be referring to the comet :thmbup:

I think that the roc is probably the one disc I feel that everyone should give a shot at some point.

I currently throw a Buzzz and Hornet, but I DO have a dx Roc in my bag... And I usually throw it as a second shot "let me see what THIS will do" throw.

Yup, you could spend a few seasons trying to perfectly break in a Roc and still not match what you get out of the box with a Comet, and that's not meant as a knock against the Roc (I throw em). I personally like them as a glidy, overstable compliment to my Comets.

I disagree, my favorite rocs have been tacoed several times, they just keep getting better once you've bent them back.
That's one of the best things about discs like that. If you hit a tree in a casual round it's a good thing because your disc will be better the next time you throw it.

I've never had problems with Rocs beating in too fast no matter what I've hit with them. The wear has always been nice and gradual. If you noticeably taco a low end disc you can usually just bend it back.

i was a roc guy. two things you need to know.

u can have a buzzz in the bag with your rocs. its allowed... ;)

second is the best roc is the dx glow flat rancho ones....they are hard to find but if innova still made them i would probably not be throwing the buzzz/comet combo...sadly i hate that i can't go buy ten flat glow rancho rocs...drives me nutz.

yeah i have a few of these.. i think i got a couple from you.. pretty much my practice throwers at the house... i have chings in the bag but use the glo so i dont ding them up and plus it just seasons the glo more .. recently i have been thinking about going back to my all kc pro setup tho.. but you have to have comets in there too :p

I recently snagged a bunch of Rocs and worked a couple into the bag after almost a year of not throwing any. They are working out very well in situations where my buzzzes were too long and my putters just weren't very workable at that distance. I wouldn't say that they have saved me many strokes, but I definitely feel more comfortable on tight fairways with them. They don't kick quite as far off of trees and I rarely overshoot anything by too far to putt if I make a run at it.

.... I got some San Marinos DX ones in this lot and I can't belive there isn't more hype/ demand for these. They are hyzer flip machines, can be trown lazer straight and can also hold a tight hyzer line at med power.

Last edited: