• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] THEORY Midrange by Axiom Discs

I've been getting nice shots out of my Theory so I picked up a second one. I'm currently planning on doing some side by side testing with the Tangent and possibly replace it.

I look at a tangent like a theory which you can throw in the wind and on a longer hyzer or shot with less glide. They really work well together in the bag being very similar but flying unique lines. I tried to get by without a tangent but missed the slight extra stability and difference in how they can shape lines.

I look at a tangent like a theory which you can throw in the wind and on a longer hyzer or shot with less glide. They really work well together in the bag being very similar but flying unique lines. I tried to get by without a tangent but missed the slight extra stability and difference in how they can shape lines.

The Tangent is a really nice disc. I wanna do more side by side comparisons as we begin to warm up more and more.

I would say that was just a anny with little soft release. No oat there. I like the follow thru and stance hes on the track to out driving you in a few years errrr months?! Lol nice video!

Trying to get my bag set for the spring and this might be the only mid I keep in. My putters can go right up to where my fairway drivers start. I just can't imagine not giving the theory a spot in the bag for a real season. It's so accurate and easy to throw

WELL, that's true. I lied.

cheers.gif

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

IONs FOR LYFE! MY LYFE!!!!

Last edited:
finally got the theory a good run the last few days. i haven't bagged a mid in a while using envy/proxy for my mid duties. the threory impressed the hell out of me and i think its earned a slot in the bag. beautiful non burny anny lines. low powered straight lines. its fitting perfect for the times where the proxy would come up short. just a great mold which i visited it sooner

Same here, every time I think about de-bagging mids, I think about how many times I throw this thing in a round.

Took the theory out for a couple laps on the track. Really a pretty fun disc. Slow mid? In between a putter and a mid, closer to a mid.

Kind of a weird +plus rim, but I didn't mind too much. (I still eff around with the Core too which is fun and plussy).

Disc flys really cool, goes straight for a while and then starts to turn and just rides to the the right... Easy. It's nice too because when it does turn, it's not a lot either where the angle of the disc changes dramatically. No burn, no cut roll, just gradual "flight to the right"™

Picked up an eclipse tangent, and its a cool disc but really just too much overlap with other discs I have.
Thinking I maybe should have gone the more under stable route and gotten a Theory.
Thinking of picking up a Skullboy Theory (there seem to be a few still out there).

Wondering how much of a difference there is between the 160s and 170s weighted?
Most of my drivers are in the high 160s, but I usually go max weight on mids.
On the other hand, I do enjoy hyzer flips...
Any strong opinions one way or the other?

170's should be US enough to use most of the time. 160's might be too touchy in windy conditions.

I haven't thrown a 160's yet myself so others who have may want to answere on actual use.

My 176 is good for me, flips up but doesn't burn and goes nice and straight with the right release angle.

Mine is right at 170. I find it very controllable on the turn. I have yet to turn it over. With a strong tailwind it's straight for days on a hyzerflip.

Latest posts