• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thoughts about the "Birdie Bag"

I can only assume you don't mean a towel you keep on hand to dry your swamp a$$. Don't like dirt, who are you ... Deion Sanders ;)

I like it for those wet days where your towels get damp too fast and you end up needing to get that extra layer of water off your disc or hands that your towel just won't get. I don't break it out all that often, but it's really nice when I do need it.

It is great in the rain. Also I sweat a lot and on hot humid days it keeps me from using up on my towels on my self.

How does the chamois(sp) towel fit into all this wet hand / water issue ?
PS Sorry if this is a thread hijacking.

birdie putter was my first and i aced with it a few times...its not the disc...its the thrower

We aren't talking about the Innova disc, we are talking about the "bag," contains a super absorbent blend of thirsty kiln dried wood powder. It can help return hands and equipment to a natural grip. Not sticky and not too slick!

I just tried one someone else was carrying this weekend, and I liked it a lot. I'm definitely putting one in with my next order of discs.

I looked around for a while and finally just bought one from DGcenter for like $5 and change for a large one, seemed to be the cheapest out there that I saw.

Played with a guy who was carrying the Shamwow. He said it worked much better when it was wet, lucky for him we were playing the weekly in the pouring rain.

A microfiber towel has always worked fine for me on the discs, and my palms don't sweat. Combine these facts and I don't really have a use for a birdie bag. For people with sweaty palms or no access to quality towels, yeah, I bet it could come in really handy. On the other hand so could a few paper towels. ;)

Just got back today and my birdie bag was here, so I can't wait to get out today and see if it really works. Hopefully my hands will get sweaty enough to use lol and I'll post later tonight with results. Thanks again for the great feedback!

Man I love the birdie bag, I use it at least one time every round I play. It def. helps keeping your hands dry and helps me get a better grip as well. A+

I like mine too. It's kind of weird how it works. But it does. I think micro-fiber towels are great but I stopped using mine because it picked up so much junk. Last fall I spent half my time picking fallen leaves off of my towel. I ended up just using a regular terry cloth towel to wipe off my discs and use the Birdie Bag on my hands.