• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] TL Mold

Does anyone actually RECCOMEND the TL? I threw Teebird/Eagle as my drivers years ago. I still have a 9x KC Pro Eagle in the bag, and I'm looking for a compliment to it, and to ditch the River, which for some reason I just can't get the hang of. I'm interested in the TL or a Teebird...anyone care to list some tangible pros and cons to help me out?

Here's a nice thread on the TL.

i have a 175 and a 172 champ TL. I don't use them anymore. It felt like it's a leopard flight path that I have to throw way to hard to get to do what I want. so they are in my extra bin in my closet.

Does anyone actually RECCOMEND the TL? I threw Teebird/Eagle as my drivers years ago. I still have a 9x KC Pro Eagle in the bag, and I'm looking for a compliment to it, and to ditch the River, which for some reason I just can't get the hang of. I'm interested in the TL or a Teebird...anyone care to list some tangible pros and cons to help me out?

Not trying to be sarcastic, but there are 1000's of posts on this site of people recommending the TL. Get one in pro, you will like it.

The TB mold was the original and was made in dx. The first TLs were called SE Teebirds and were made of Innova's first Pro-type plastic...They have the top and core of the TB, but the bottom wing is flat. It was designed in response to the switch to more durable plastics (first SE/Pro and CE soon after) which tended to make discs more stable with less glide compared to baseline plastics (for which all discs up until the TL were designed for).

Thanks discspeed. That is exactly the information that I was looking for:clap:

Not trying to be sarcastic, but there are 1000's of posts on this site of people recommending the TL. Get one in pro, you will like it.

Pro TL?

Stars and CFR TLs are the way too go. They've become my go-to driver on pretty much any hole inbetween 230-280.

Should have held it up to the light yesterday. The bead is a lil guy

Last edited:
wrong wrong wrong. go look at a f***ing leopard and a TL. tell me they are the same. idiots.

Should have held it up to the light yesterday. The bead is a lil guy

Here's a Leopard wing
LeopardWing.jpg

Here's a TL wing
TLRim.jpg

You're telling me that bead is a little guy? I think this is a sign that you need glasses.

I love how pissed people get about the whole leopard bottom debate.

I love how pissed people get about the whole leopard bottom debate.

Yes because it is the epitome of Disc Gold forum stupidity. How many times do we have to go over this. L is for Less Stable and not Leopard. There is no question about this.
If you say it is a Leo bottom you just proved you know nothing about the subject.

I also would not call the added slope on the Leopard mold a bead not sure what I would call it, a ramp?

This thread is perfect proof of all the deviation, misinformation, and general lack of knowledge that thrives on the internet.

Sure, there's some good info in here but there's also alot stuff to sift through to get to it.

As a buddy of mine says, you can find anything you want on the Internet if you look long enough. Lots of garbage out there.

I havent thrown one in forever and just threw one in the bag right before I saw this thread. Ive got a champ and a star, the star made it in the bag in hopes of working long anhyzer lines out of it.

Latest posts