• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tournament Winning Percentage

That's right. Looking closer at his PDGA page I guess he doesn't travel out of his region a lot, but on the other hand he's got two top 5 finishes in USDGC.

Take a look at what he did in 2004-06.

2004: 7 wins in 10 events (and 2nd at USDGC)
2005: 11 wins in 12 events
2006: 6 wins in 7 events

He won 24/29 events in those three years (82.8%), that is pretty amazing.

Meh. All but 7 were C or D tiers with fields of between one and twelve players (seriously: check out the 2005 Spring Lake Soiree.), and in all but two of those he was competing against players rated between 836-950. None of the B-tiers he won had Open fields of more than 20 player, and only one B-tier had a player within 30 rating points.

Not ragging on Darrell, who I consider a friend, because you can only play against the competition that shows up, but a 1012-1028 rated player whipping up on a bunch of 836-950 raters isnt nearly as impressive as KC going 2/2 in Majors, 7/10 in A Tiers (finished 2nd in the 3 he didn't win, by 1, 1, and 4 strokes), and 10/10 in B Tiers in 1995, against stacked fields.

Any idea as to why my career events has dropped since I last looked at it a week or so ago? Was at 80, now at 77. :confused:

I think that league events were dropped from the totals. Rumor is leagues will have separate statistics sometime next year. Did you by chance have 3 league events?

Last edited:
a 1012-1028 rated player whipping up on a bunch of 836-950 raters isnt nearly as impressive as KC going 2/2 in Majors, 7/10 in A Tiers (finished 2nd in the 3 he didn't win, by 1, 1, and 4 strokes), and 10/10 in B Tiers in 1995, against stacked fields.

Correct. I'm not claiming he's better at disc golf than Climo (or any number of other current top pros). Just that his winning percentage is better.