• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Trespass - still throwing 'em?

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
I read through all the old Trespass threads, and left wondering who still throws them and why.

I've been using them in Prime, and they beat in beautifully, and don't get flippy for a good long time, like a longer DX Thunderbird.

I just got an Air Opto Trespass a few weeks ago, and it's really growing on me. Rim feels better than a Tern, it's not as overstable as the flight numbers suggest, and it's been a lot of fun to throw. I'm going to keep working with it.

I bag them depending on the course, fuzion/star mainly. It's my "seasoned destroyer".

I don't throw a lot of distance drivers. Rarely go over speed 7 but this is a Trespass for me. I have a Star Destroyer that is pretty meaty and reliable hyzer disc and Lucid Trespass fits into the seasoned Destroyer role.

I sure do. I always have 3 in the bag at any given time. Right now it's 1 seasoned hybrid, 1 seasoned lucid, and 1 fresh moonshine.

The hybrids seem to have a little more glide, and it is a bit more seasoned than the lucid, so it flexes a bit more. The moonshine is fresh and stable. It can handle a bit of wind, but if it's a headwind I will usually go to the Force, instead.

But I love the trespass, they have been in my bag since they were released and don't see myself moving on from them anytime soon. Pretty effortless distance, easy to shape shots, and pair well with the Force which I also have had in the bag for a long time.

They are a good disc, but there is no place for them in my bag. If I can't reach a backhand shot with my Stag, then it's far, and I'll be reaching for a Giant or King to get there. The Tresspass is a good controlled 400 for me, but I don't need that when I have the Giant Around that goes a bit further.

Great disc overall though. Very versatile.

I throw a lot of trespasses but I wish they were longer. I get 20-30 feet further throwing friends destroyers. Are they slower than other speed 12s?

I just took the Trespass out of the bag...

I typically had two of them. Both 172g Lucid. The red one was a little more seasoned so the white one was my max-d. I used a Force for the overstable distance driver slot and found myself wanting something between the 'stable' Trespass and the 'understable' Force.

I wound up replacing both the Forces and Trespasses with three Outlaws in various weights and wear. The first run Icon is the understable slot. The second run pinnacle is in the stable spot and I have a max weight icon that is the overstable slot.

So far, I haven't missed the Trespass, but I have found a couple of instances of missing the Force (on limited FH shots).

I've never bagged a Trespass consistently, but I've thrown probably a half dozen of them in various plastics. Never tried one I really didn't like. I think the only thing that keeps me from digging the Trespass more than I do is the fact that it can be flippy/inconsistent in headwind or cross breezes. I'd still rather bag a Destroyer and worry less about it flipping at the wrong time.

I find the Trespass to be every bit as long (maybe even longer) than star Destroyers. They seem to glide better and have more high speed turn. I think the Trespass is DDs best pure distance driver. I favor it over the Sheriff.

I throw it. Lucid. It's my FH distance driver. I know that's not normal. I'm just very comfortable with it. Seems to go far enough but what do I know.

I've actually recently landed on the trespass as my distance driver. Now, I've acquired quite the collection.

I've tried Destroyers and Outlaws, etc, but the trespass feels so nice in the hand. It's probably an 11.547 speed (semantics...) which is whatever, but they go ~400 with less effort than a DS or Outlaw. So, they are more conducive to longer tourneys, excessive playing, or just not wanting to rip on everything you throw. I like throwing around 70-90% power, to conserve the arm, avoid injury, and be more accurate.

I find a fresh Lucid or Fuzion has enough stability to handle decent headwinds. (If the wind is raging, I don't think some super OS distance driver will grant much more distance or accuracy than an OS Fairway, anyway, but that's me). So between different wears, the Trespass will cover pretty much all distance driver slots.

I think the Trespass is awesome. Show some love!

I do really want to try the Lucid-X.... (hit me up ;))

They're good distance drivers but I'm going with something else. I got some up in my trade thread on marketplace if anyone is interested.

Yeah I'm currently bagging a flippy one, use it situationally. I like the hand feel and how tolerant they are of nose angles. I don't think it's the longest disc in my bag, but I feel I can throw it anywhere from 60-90% power and get a good flight. If I want a fairway driver shot but at lower ceiling or 30'+ more distance then it's my choice. If it's open and there's a bit of tailwind then it'll be my distance driver since I can keep it gliding rather than getting stable early. I also like it for how neutral it is...not going to flip to oblivion but also not going to fade a ton...really acts like a fairway. But in the wide open there are other drivers I feel I can get a more consistent placement out of and tolerate wind better. And for farthest possible shots I have some other discs I believe to give me 10-20' more.