• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trophy only or payout

Would you play in a $45 tourney with a $70 player pack?

• Yes, I would play in this event.

Votes: 89 66.9%
  • No, I prefer getting paid for playing well.

Votes: 24 18.0%
  • No, I am a pro and cannot play in amateur events.

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • No, I do not play tournaments.

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
I'd rather pay less than $20 to play in a PDGA sanctioned event, no player pack, and trophy/cash payout.

Me too. Cover the costs for the tournament, keep all the trinkets and payouts. I'm not hard core or have professional aspirations though.

I've not played in a tournament for a long, long time. This sounds like something that I would actually show up for.

Typically I don't cash, so my answer would be absolutely. I actually prefer these types of events because, to me, I'd rather get a cool player's pack for the tourney and then enjoy playing rounds and trying to do my best and compete with others, rather than show up, play my rounds, and not get much out of the tourney other than the fun etc, which is nice, but the player's pack would be awesome. Actually thinking back, the two tourneys I enjoyed the most last year that I played in were Trophy Only (IDGC Am Champs and Pam B Childs Memorial). Don't get me wrong, I had fun at the other events, but those two were the most enjoyable for me.

Latest posts