• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram V.P. Putter does anyone have one?

kirvin2

Par Member
I'm interested in the Vibram V.P. putter and was wondering if anyone has one. If so, do you like it? How does it compare to say an Aviar Putt and approach?

I think the VP is similar to a Wizard...and that's pretty much their intent.

I've heard a lot of good things about them but I had a buddy that used one this winter for a day and it was still wet a week later after 2 days on a heater....eep...

\/\/

I think the VP is similar to a Wizard...and that's pretty much their intent.

I've heard a lot of good things about them but I had a buddy that used one this winter for a day and it was still wet a week later after 2 days on a heater....eep...

\/\/

It absorbs water???

Ask DiscJon...it was his VP that got waterlogged somehow...I never really used mine. I thought it was going to be SUPER SOFT...but it wasn't at all. And it seemed like a REALLY COOL disc...but it wasn't what I was looking for so I traded it off.

\/\/

The VP is way more overstable than a wizard, it's more like a pig. The Vibram Ridge is their wizard clone.

Yes, I would say the same. I love the VP because you can huck it real hard and it's not going to turn over (at least for me). If you're looking for a very overstable putter then I can't say enough good things about it. Mine is X-Link (Med) and 175g. It is a wonderful disc.

The Ridge is in testing now (I've got one) and it's much more understable.
A VP would not be a good replacement for an Aviar P&A which is what I use for putting.

I have not thrown a Vibram Summit but that is supposed to be much more to the right of the over/understability chart.

That Vibram rubber/plasitc is the best thing I've ever put in my hand.
I hope this helps.

The only Vibram disc I can find info on is the VP. I haven't heard of the Ridge or the Summit. Is the Ridge similar to the Aviar. I think I would like something similar to the Aviar in thier rubber material.

The only Vibram disc I can find info on is the VP. I haven't heard of the Ridge or the Summit. Is the Ridge similar to the Aviar. I think I would like something similar to the Aviar in thier rubber material.

You see this post I'm making right now. Well count three up from it and you learn more about the ridge.

I've been a Vibram Tester for about a year now.

The VP is my main putt and approach. The pig comparison is good, but it won't beat in. The ridge is like a wizard/aviar x. The summit is flippy like an XD.

Physically the Ridge has a bead so I wouldn't say it feels like an Aviar. Word on the street is most people got 167-169 Ridges as I did. I think it lob putts similar to a 175g DX Aviar but I think it's just the weight difference.

I wanted to like the VP so bad. But I couldn't get past the plastic. When that plastic gets wet, it stays wet. Even after toweling it off multiple times, it still remains incredibly slick and difficult to throw. At least mine was like that. Shame, because I really like its flight.

Here's a new plastic they are prototyping

20367_1356774162428_1323699836_30993042_5169743_n.jpg

20367_1356777962523_1323699836_30993047_4840640_n.jpg

20367_1356779682566_1323699836_30993049_1252467_n.jpg

20367_1356780002574_1323699836_30993050_2030676_n.jpg

You see this post I'm making right now. Well count three up from it and you learn more about the ridge.

I guess I should have said, "until I read that post I had never heard of any other than the VP. Vibram's own website says nothing about anything other thatn the VP. Vibram
I appreciate all of this info from everyone.

Last edited:
I wanted to like the VP so bad. But I couldn't get past the plastic. When that plastic gets wet, it stays wet. Even after toweling it off multiple times, it still remains incredibly slick and difficult to throw. At least mine was like that. Shame, because I really like its flight.

I don't like the idea of it staying slick once it gets wet.

Here's the underside of one of mine. Hopefully this is good info and doesn't just look like I'm bragging I have one...ok, maybe I am.

I haven't played with these in the rain but I know my VP's got wet before and I didn't notice any issue. Maybe I'll dunk one in the sink tonight to see.

Attachments

• IMAGE_003.jpg
    IMAGE_003.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:
I'm not comparing the X-Link to these others but Champion-like plastics especially are horrible when wet. Star isn't very good either. I'd say you should make a point of checking out the Vibram rubber though. Too bad they're not in ever sporting goods store on the corner.

Latest posts