• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weight for headwind.

Im updating my bag for 2013 and i've noticed i've been playing better with 170-172g discs than my 175. I havnt put my 175 discs on a scale to see how accurate they are (because ive read alot of threads of disc over their supposed weight). but i throw more consistent with my 170 - 172.. and wanted to get some new Westside Giants for my windy-day-disc in 170. its clear it wont affect the flight or flip on me. but how will it affect the distance compared to 175? is it 5-10ft? because that i can sacrifice for the increase of accuracy i get.

I was throwing some blizzard Wraiths and Destroyers for a while and eventually had to take them out my bag. I only keep max weight versions of these discs because the lighter-weight ones had no consistency in the wind. I can throw a my 175g Wraith on a hyzer line really hard into 10-15mph headwinds and get very consistent straight bombs. My 175g Destroyers can handle any headwind over 15mph when thrown on a hyzer line. In my experience, max weight = confidence in the wind.

1447221.jpg

Latest posts