• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What info do you wish your shop had on each disc's page?

I think a description of the plastics would be nice. A lot of times I can only find descriptions that are different from the manufacturers here. I trust them of course but I always like trying to find an unbiased description ha. It wouldn't have to be anything super detailed just a brief overview of how firm/soft and how tacky/slick the plastic usually runs, maybe comparing the plastic to a plastic from another company to give an idea of how it feels would work too. Something like that would make my shopping experience much faster and I would be less hesitant on ordering a new disc.

And once you get one typed up for each plastic you wouldn't need to change it for every mold or every run. It might be a hassle at first but I think it would be a nice addition to a disc description in the long run.

Honestly, I just wish that each retailer had photos of the actual discs that are available. Not necessarily for every color, at least a pic for every mold (top, side, bottom).

I didn't realize they ad the PDGA tech standards table when I started this post. I hadn't really looked at Disc Nation in a while. Great suggestions everyone. I do want to talk about plastics and their properties. I almost wonder if there's a value in listing all plastics hard to soft and durable to not. On a scale of 1-5 or similar I'd rate Star and ESP the same for grip or durability but ESP is certainly softer and less durable than Star (Ok in MY opinion!) but they're not different enough that I'd give them a different numerical rating. And speaking of grip or durability I didn't notice Disc Nation's durability rating until the other night.

And that competitor price display suggestion earlier this week is something I think of from time-to-time. I feel like going that root right away is just asking for a call from a manufacturer telling us to knock it off. There's certainly one manufacturer who could kill a site just by refusing to sell to that shop/course anylonger. I probably worry about that scenario too often.

Again, you guys are the greatest.