• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] What kind of plastic is this?

Slink

I won the CTP in my league at the Ice Bowl (Victor Ashe, Knox, TN) last week and won a DGA Hurricane. Turns out that it actually filled a hole in my bag nicely.

I dont have a camera on me atm but was wondering if you guys/gals could help me identify the type of plastic bc im not familiar with the DGA terms. I know DGA uses discraft plastic (or so i think), and if i had to guess i would say that it feels like ESP plastic. Its def better quality than proD plastic for sure. Fairly pliable flight plate, but is also pretty tough. Hit some jagged edged rocks with it and barely a scratch on it.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like ProLine to me as well.

http://www.discgolf.com/discs/proline-golf-discs/

Right now it's showing a 404 error but the site listed ProLine as an ESP and Elite-X blend in the past. What I can find on their site now says:

"DGA ProLine plastic blends are tough, grippy and have incredible performance. ProLine discs are the work horses used by both the DGA ProLine and Arm Farm Teams. The DGA ProLine plastic is for players looking for more grip and durability balanced with high performance flight qualities.
ProLine style plastic will take less time to beat in and will get its intended flight characteristics faster than the SP Line. ProLine plastic is DGA's middle tier plastic blend and is great for players of all skill levels!"

I find proline ideal for many discs/"slots". Roughly as durable as star plastic which needs to be considered if you want to mold to progress in stability slower or faster. However it always has incredible, superior grip and and almost always has a near perfect balance of stiffness for my taste. Not too gummy or too stiff and performs well in any heat, or wet conditions.

Common mistake thinking that DGA uses the same plastic as Discraft. Very similar but the blends for both Proline and SP are different than ESP and Z respectively. I prefer the feel of DGA plastic to their Discraft counterparts personally.

right on guys, thx..

seems like i would compare this hurricane maybe to a destroyer. its a 168 which is a little lighter than i normally throw and is prob why i can turn it over a little more than most full weight "-1 ish" drivers...

right on guys, thx..

seems like i would compare this hurricane maybe to a destroyer. its a 168 which is a little lighter than i normally throw and is prob why i can turn it over a little more than most full weight "-1 ish" drivers...

Hurricanes can depend on the run. First Flights with the 2011 Worlds stamp are most sought after because they are slightly understable with immense amounts of glide. In the current run, the parting line is super high on them, and they are nice and overstable. I'm finally breakin one into that sweet spot and it has pinpoint control with a little extra glide than when new.

Latest posts