What's your most supremely disappointing course played that had big potential?

Give it a year or so and come back. We have many plans in the works including new tee pads, trail repairs, signage and new pin placements just to name a few things on the dock. Its a small volunteer team so give us some time.

Good to hear. It's been in my wishlist for awhile now. I've played in 24 (I think) different states now and West Virginia is still my favorite. I look forward to playing the monster at some point soon hopefully.

Second time in 2007 I played newer Disc golf Course in Winnona, Main problems tee signs keep getting stolen because Winnona is a university town and using original model Discatchers, one of weakest higher production baskets on market ever made. Course was only 5--10 years old and a few baskets were falling apart. Also, not having tee signs or even a pole or a spot on ground where a ground sign was for what direction on tee pad since 2005 was bad becuse course is hard to see what direction you need to throw off a few tee pads as you could play on or another basket even cousins who had played course several times before we were lost. Sad because course was made only in 1998/1999 and Had aged poorly in 8 years since course was made. I was expecting about what I had played in 2003 on course first time where you at least know what way to go and play even if ground sign was removed, the low base for sign was still there and course baskets should have been in good shape not having 2 holes where baskets needed to be held upright to putt in. When I last played course in 2022 is still this way as they are sill using original model Discatchers not replacing even when baskets need replacing due to dent in on cage city worker people fixed and worse not fixing this one basket due getting pulled down again and again and is always needing re-righting because of how close it is to a bike path going around bigger of 2 lakes that is really an oversized pond.

Last edited:
Second time in 2007 I played newer Disc golf Course in Winnona, Main problems tee signs keep getting stolen because Winnona is a university town and using original model Discatchers, one of weakest higher production baskets on market ever made. Course was only 5--10 years old and a few baskets were falling apart. Also, not having tee signs or even a pole or a spot on ground where a ground sign was for what direction on tee pad since 2005 was bad becuse course is hard to see what direction you need to throw off a few tee pads as you could play on or another basket even cousins who had played course several times before we were lost. Sad because course was made only in 1998/1999 and Had aged poorly in 8 years since course was made. I was expecting about what I had played in 2003 on course first time where you at least know what way to go and play even if ground sign was removed, the low base for sign was still there and course baskets should have been in good shape not having 2 holes where baskets needed to be held upright to putt in. When I last played course in 2022 is still this way as they are sill using original model Discatchers not replacing even when baskets need replacing due to dent in on cage city worker people fixed and worse not fixing this one basket due getting pulled down again and again and is always needing re-righting because of how close it is to a bike path going around bigger of 2 lakes that is really an oversized pond.
What is sad is in Winnona older 9 hole course near other lake even more a true pond was made in 1987 as one of last courses made in final 2--3 months where what we now call Putter discs were the only discs PDGA approved using original design Mach II baskets from 1987 and have wider center pole are in better shape given age as are some replacement single chain Lighting DB--5 for holes removed on course in 1990's and course was only 6 holes missing 3 baskets according to an uncle and cousin/uncles son when hey first were playing in 1998. Tee pads might be worse given they are dirt with only mulch/bark mulch in places course ground is rutted out.

Last edited:
What is sad is in Winnona older 9 hole course near other lake even more a true pond was made in 1987 as one of last courses made in final 2--3 months where what we now call Putter discs were the only discs PDGA approved using original design Mach II baskets from 1987 and have wider center pole are in better shape given age as are some replacement single chain Lighting DB--5 for holes removed on course in 1990's and course was only 6 holes missing 3 baskets according to an uncle and cousin/uncles son when hey first were playing in 1998. Tee pads might be worse given they are dirt with only mulch/bark mulch in places course ground is rutted out.
I'd like to nominate this post for run-on sentence of the year. ;)

Latest posts