• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who’s on your Mt. Rushmore of Disc Golf?

acrosley

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Saw a similar thread on r/discgolf and it actually spawned some interesting discussion. Paul and Climo were pretty much unanimous and Steady Ed was a close 3rd. Dave Dunipace would have probably taken 4th if anyone tallied up the replies. That brings up another argument whether it should be players only which I don't think it should.

So I'd personally have to go with the above four individuals. I think the 3rd and 4th spots are pretty open for debate. Korver, Emac, Feldberg, Paige Pierce, John Houck, Barry Schultz, Ricky and maybe even Simon could all conceivably be in there. If Kristin keeps dominating for the next couple of years it would be hard to leave her out of the discussion too

How about....

Steady Ed - For the sport
Dave D - For the discs
Ken C - For the rings
@Cgkdisc - For the DGCR representation prize

Kidding, but really - someone with more courses under their belt than me should start the discussion of which legendary course designer belongs on this list. I mean, we are on DGCR.... so who goes up there?

How about....

Dave D - For the discs
Ken C - For the rings

Kidding, but really - someone with more courses under their belt than me should start the discussion of which legendary course designer belongs on this list. I mean, we are on DGCR.... so who goes up there?
Scott Stokely.

Around here, it would be blasphemous to overlook Stan McDaniel. Plus, he's an A-Plus individual.

My mind definitely goes more towards desginers and pioneers instead of players. *I* am my Mt. Rushmore Player Representative. ;)

How about....

Dave D - For the discs
Ken C - For the rings

John Houck for his Course Design pushing for harder courses that are also fair if you do not go for the low score shot knowing you would make it. Otherwise we would have 2 types of courses small easy Steady Ed courses and very hard forced to go for it on every hole courses only no compromise courses.

Saw a similar thread on r/discgolf and it actually spawned some interesting discussion. Paul and Climo were pretty much unanimous and Steady Ed was a close 3rd. Dave Dunipace would have probably taken 4th if anyone tallied up the replies. That brings up another argument whether it should be players only which I don't think it should.

So I'd personally have to go with the above four individuals. I think the 3rd and 4th spots are pretty open for debate. Korver, Emac, Feldberg, Paige Pierce, John Houck, Barry Schultz, Ricky and maybe even Simon could all conceivably be in there. If Kristin keeps dominating for the next couple of years it would be hard to leave her out of the discussion too
Tartar, all four times, from 4 different angles.

Latest posts