• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wii Motion Plus Disc golf/Tiger Woods

I hear ya on the putting!

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the new controller add on. They also have some sort of Frisbee game on the new Wii Sports Resort that also uses the new add on.

I read somewhere that the physics of the disc throwing in Wii SPorts Resort is better than in TW 2010. Mighta been on DGCR, can't recall now.

Just picked up my copy today. The DG is definitely fun. Just to reiterate some of the things that have been said, sometimes you try to throw easy, and you end up over-shooting the green and landing OB or in a sand trap (also, OB). With only 150, 75, and 20 yard discs to choose from, you really have to get a feel for how to hit the in between distances.

Takes some getting used to, but it is pretty easy to catch on. I played 5 rounds at various courses, shot -6 the first round, and progressively got better with each round, ending up with a -18 for my best score. Got one ace on #12 at the Japanese course, name doesn't come to mind right now.

The putting is pretty much a gimmie, except for up close (makes perfect sense, right!?). I basically hit everything from 3-20 yards, but actually missed some of the closer putts.

Definitely a lot of fun. The disc will turn/fade relative to release angle, but no rollers with a big turnover angle?...:( Some of those courses would be amazing to have a real DG course on, especially fun would be the little par3 17th at Sawgrass with the island green.

This is a great promotional tool for getting people into the sport.

I got a group of people over at my house, some that would never even think of trying it out in real life.

After a few virtual throws, they were really asking some questions. Might try to get them out to a course sometime soon.

This is a great promotional tool for getting people into the sport.

I got a group of people over at my house, some that would never even think of trying it out in real life.

After a few virtual throws, they were really asking some questions. Might try to get them out to a course sometime soon.

thats all it takes is a small interest and then they are hooked:D

actually, golf courses are called "Links" because they generally link to each other like hole 1 leads to hole 2, etc. Nothing too fancy about the name.

Actually, Links Golf courses are specific to Scotland/England. From Wikipedia:

A links golf course, sometimes referred to as a seaside links, is the oldest style of golf course, and was first developed in Scotland. The word comes from the Scots language and refers to an area of coastal sand dunes, and sometimes to open parkland.

Most courses in AMerica are not Links courses, and this is what makes the Open Championship so interesting, as it is one of very few Links courses on the tour. Just thought I would share that I also am kind of a ball golf nerd