• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will any Euro MPO players make a lead card during the first eg of the tour?

spinachd

Eagle Member
Fodder for the stoked but bored:

Will any Euro MPO players make a lead card (not just a feature card) during the first leg of the tour? Let's define that as LCV through the Texas State Championships, and let's include The Memorial despite it not being a DGPT event.

I'm rooting for them but my gut says "no'.

I think they are at a major disadvantage for the first part of the season.

Scratch that. It looks like the MPO Finns are not getting here until Texas States. I thought I had seen them registered for LVC before. So let's make it through DDO...

Linus, on the other hand, seems to be playing everything. He's the top rated player registered for Waco (which seems to be lagging in registrations compared to other events).

Last edited:
Don't know anything about Carlson but if he can throw 550+ he has a chance to feature at the first couple events. IIRC those courses are mostly wide open bomber style.

I'm even more curious to see what the FPO players can do. Kristin did really well in her short stent last year and I think Henna and Evalina will certainly be on some lead cards

if he can throw 550+

Don't think that's going to be a problem for him. Maybe not a 550 hyzer but he can get it out there.

Most of the guys at the top of the Euro Tour can throw quite a ways -- not always a ton of raw power but really good at angle control and knowing their plastic.

It would not surprise me in the least if Linus or Blær made lead card at Memorial, for example (not as deep a field and plays to some of their strengths).

Lead card? I give a couple of them decent odds. Now, lead card for final round? Maybe not so much. I look forward to the day where the MPO guys from across the pond can make a push over here in the states but I'm not so sure they're used to competing against the level of competition here week in and week out.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but it seems like the Estonians and Swedes consistently speak English well but maybe not the Finns. At least from the insta, YouTube, and interviews I've seen. I think this increases their international appeal and earnings. potential.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but it seems like the Estonians and Swedes consistently speak English well but maybe not the Finns. At least from the insta, YouTube, and interviews I've seen. I think this increases their international appeal and earnings. potential.

Curious who you've been listening to. They speak English way better than I speak Finnish.

They do have a decent enough local following, to the point where they can put out Finnish-language content and still get eyeballs. So maybe they aren't as motivated to reach the American audience. And TBH some of them do seem a bit jockish, to the point where they might just be saying "me throw frisbees" even in their native tongue.

Nevertheless, there are some who have great language skills. Jussi is from Finland and he is one of the more articulate dudes out there.

Last edited:
Search up an In The Bag from Vaino or Evelina or Niklas vs Kristin Tattar or Albert Tamm. Or vs Linus' interview after the European Open.

Anyway it's not a criticism. I'm sure it's cultural. But it is a potential hindrance on gaining the social following you need to negotiate a contract.

I think the Euro guys have a good shot this year. Tons of new fans don't even know about Seppo, Vaino, Luukas etc. There's also quite a few younger guns coming over. Watching them play the Prodigy Tour or the different national championships is a whole other world in navigating courses. I think a lot of euro courses are harder than the first few events on the tour so it would be no surprise if someone hits the top 4. I'll be watching Knut, Linus, Peter, and Seppo to see how they fare back in the US at LVC.

No....I don't think they will. This would have been a more interesting thread if FPO would have been the topic, or included.

English pronunciation aside, Väinö Mäkelä has 50k+ subs on Youtube, Seppo Paju has ~35k subs, Tuomas Hyytiäinen has ~24k. Pretty ok figures for mostly Finnish content. Couldnt find a channel for Linus.

Just from the "marketability" point of view which might interest a sponsor.

No doubt there is some great overall talent in Europe, but I think the general lack of factoring them into contention from the US crowd is simply a matter of I'll believe it when I see it.

Not necessarily doubting the abilities…Kristin came to win…but slated to play on paper given the last 2 years is totally different than actually being at the courses and prepped ready to go for the first round. Fans want to see the biggest fields of the best competitors, but I don't think anybody right now can say that any of the Euro players will be 100% on top of their game ready to compete after dealing with whatever hoops international competition might involve.

Not a knock on them at all, more a matter of nobody has any clue what the next few months will entail.

I will go with no on the mpo side. The European mpo players just aren't as high in talent as their fpo side. I watched the Helsinki Open and Henna and Evelina look dangerous. The mpo side looks talented but not explosive.

Latest posts