• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Wizards. Putting vs Throwing

I have 4 g9's that are all different in terms of grip and flexability. I'm not a huge fan of the most recent g9's that look and feel like porcelain, they aren't as grippy as I'd like. One of the first runs of g9's were crazy firm, and almost velvety. Those things are $. The only downfall was that the plastic chunked pretty easy.

For driving, I use a g9 or a wizard marked "supersoft" that's brick hard and super grippy. Gateway is wildly inconsistent with their plastic, so I just look for a wizard that's super firm but also very grippy...regardless of what it is labeled as.

I have a whole slew of Wizards that I rotate based on weather and season, but lately I can't take my hands off of my Eraser Wizard for driving. I have a G9i that is great for off the tee, but I find its not grippy enough for me unless it's pretty warm outside. My RFF has become my go to for all approaches, and it's the grippiest, best feeling disc I've ever held.

Last year I had two wizards bagged- one gummy HPP for driving and one 4S for putting. This year I fleshed that out a bit and now carry 4. Two of the new erasers for putting (although I'm not enjoying how non durable they are) and 2 HPP for driving in certain situations. One of the HPPS is gummy (turnover/straight drives) and the other is more firm (hyzer drives)