• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(xx) disc is best in (xx) plastic...

Burrito

Birdie Member
We hear a lot about how great the Teebird is in DX. I personally find that Wraiths are best in Star and Pro. What other molds work best in a specific plastic? I'm especially in interested in hearing about those that are ideal in DX.

Any disc in it's "standard" is the best version. The older the disc, the more likely that it's intention was DX plastic. Correct me if I am wrong here.

I was thinking on this and for me plastic selection is more about the slot more so then the mold. The courses I play on regularly can be pretty hard on discs so I try to choose the most durable disc for the job at hand when playing.

Example

Putters - DX or what ever baseline plastic that company makes

Mids - Z/champ and if innova mad Rocs easier to get in Champ I would probably throw just champ ones.

Drivers BH - Champ/z and pro

Drivers FH - Champ/z

CHEERS - Koffee

Any disc in it's "standard" is the best version. The older the disc, the more likely that it's intention was DX plastic. Correct me if I am wrong here.

I don't know about "any" but I'll agree with your statement about 95%. Vikings in DX are sweet. In champ, no thanks. I do like Leopards in champ.

The new Sirius Polaris is different that the Millennium plastic version but not that much. I'm starting to prefer the Millennium version though.

One thing I have noticed is the the faster the disc, the more the plastic seems to play a part in it's manners.

Latitude River in GL
I am also starting to appreciate my KC Pro Teebird.

(molds that I throw)
aviar- JK pro
stingray-dx (have a couple champ ones, but they're too stable for what i need from a stingray)
rhyno- glass-top champ
buzzz- can't decide, because in my bag I carry a Z, a cryztal, a FLX and an ESP.
gazelle-dx
wraith- pro
firebird- pro line/champ

I think Leopards do their best work in Pro. Not that it's not great in other plastics.

I have a rainy day combo of:

Avenger
Avenger SS

both in ESP FLX plastic. IMO, FLX is the best plastic for these molds.

OK, so what drivers/fairway drivers perform best in DX?

Teebirds? Destroyers? Valks?

I had a DX Wraith, but I really did not like it at all compared to Star and Pro.

OK, so what drivers/fairway drivers perform best in DX?

Teebirds? Destroyers? Valks?

I had a DX Wraith, but I really did not like it at all compared to Star and Pro.

drivers in dx: not many, but if i had to pick a couple I'd say a valk, a destroyer or a beast. as for fairway drivers: gazelle, whippet, banshee.

I think Leopards do their best work in Pro. Not that it's not great in other plastics.

I would say this as well. Also good ol DX Aviar, classic! It is such a simple disc in cheap plastic, but that is the beauty of it.

If I threw Avairs, I might agree that base plastic is better. Rhynos and Pigs are better in Pro plastic, IMHO.

Pro leopards
ESP hornet
Dx teebird
Dx Valkyrie
Pro destroyer
.... Those are some that really stand out in my mind. I have heard of eagles being the best disc in dx but have yet to try one.

Latest posts