• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

XXX

My opto xXx is still beef, glorious. It still hunts for the ground as soon as it leaves my hand and I love it. I've been throwing a lot of thumbers with it recently especially on this 286', slightly downhill hole where the entrance to the green is blocked by low hanging mature walnut trees.

Rats! I knew I should have came to DGR and read before ordering my first xXx. I went opto but I really like super overstable utility discs to be as flat as can be and able to skip really well. Now I see where the GLs are coming out flatter. Hope I get lucky and my Opto is flat.

pretty much all of my optos have been super flat, i only had one that you could consider to not be "flat" but the dome was negligible and i never saw much difference in mine

my triple x in 168g, has been nothing but money for me since day one. i never thought my FB could kicked out my bag so fast.

I just got a flat blue snowflake and its really beefy BH. It literally hyzers right out of my hand on a flat throw. It definitely can take some torque on a FH and had a nice flight with a flex release. Havent had a chance to try OH with it yet as my overhand game isnt that strong

Both of my optos are that overstable as well. They just want to hyzer out even when you're still holding them in your hand. They're excellent for OH shots, main reason I had them in my bag.

You are missing out. I took the Jokeri out of the bag for while, and used the XXX as a true utility disc. It is a sweet disc from approach shots. That mo fo drops and hits the spot consistently well. I nailed a nice 150' or so approach at Sugaree and have come close a few times since. Especially when it's windy the XXX cam e used BH for a lot of shots.

No, the Jokeri. I was using the Jokeri for some approach duties especially if it was windy. So for the heck of it I tried the XXX for the same shots for a few weeks. It worked surprising well. Although the one I used is a super flat 166 Opto that seems to be even more over stable than my other XXXs. I've been using it more just to see how it handles different shots.

yeah the flat ones are hogs. I think a couple of my xXx's still have the flash on them. that's how little I throw them BH. I still need to try this Jokeri disc.