• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Halcón

Free At Last
It's hard to believe that the USDGC is right around the corner.

What are your thoughts on this year's edition?

Looking forward to it! I'll be representing NH in the performance flight for the third time in four years.

Interesting to see if McBeth can get this monkey off his back and finish at least in the top 3 although I'm sure he wants to win this one.

Good luck to Mike C in the qualifying rounds on September 29! :thmbup:

Outside of McBeth winning, I hope it's another dark horse. Brinster winning was awesome!

Good luck to Mike C in the qualifying rounds on September 29! :thmbup:

unfortunately theres no editing a tourny round...

i think beast man will win, but for some reason i always want to see philo win, hes just a cool cat.

No offense to guys like Brinster and Philo, but they are the kind of players that need a fair amount of help to win. And Philo's mental game seems shaky.

Ricky does need it. Ill be rooting for him against the mcbeth loyalist in me. Would be cool to see lizotte finish #1 too. So many cards ive watched with him and nothing big recently

Gotta be rooting for my boy, Steve Rico. He finished t2 last year with Barry right behind Brinster so he does have the game to get this course.

What did MikeC do to Nolangherity ? :confused:

As far as the USDGC goes...I CAN NOT WAIT! and I don't have a prediction as of this time...check back in 5 minutes :p.

No offense to guys like Brinster and Philo, but they are the kind of players that need a fair amount of help to win. And Philo's mental game seems shaky.
Brinster has finished 1, 3, and 5 the past 3 years of the USDGC, and top 10 in Worlds the past 4 years(2012 he was top 10 before leaving final round for the birth of the twisters). Feldy and Will S are the only other two players that can say they have top 10 in both events over that same time span.

Brinster has finished 1, 3, and 5 the past 3 years of the USDGC, and top 10 in Worlds the past 4 years(2012 he was top 10 before leaving final round for the birth of the twisters). Feldy and Will S are the only other two players that can say they have top 10 in both events over that same time span.

I don't want to take anything away from Steve Brinster. He seems like an awesome guy, and he played well last year. But Will fell apart. Barry had a few bad holes that cost him. Doss didn't play to his best level. Rico faltered.

There are athletes in every sport, that if they are playing their very best, they are unstoppable. We've seen that from Paul McBeth, and Climo before him. Ricky has that sort of game as well. He's scary good when everything is clicking.

I think you would agree that Brinster, although a great disc golfer, is not at the same level.

Having said that, it would be sweet to have him shut me up and win back to back.

i would love to see lizotte hyzer bomb everything and win. his time is coming. also i think it would be cool if barsby or mj won. or mccray for sure. or maybe ill win, who knows.

I don't want to take anything away from Steve Brinster. He seems like an awesome guy, and he played well last year. But Will fell apart. Barry had a few bad holes that cost him. Doss didn't play to his best level. Rico faltered.

There are athletes in every sport, that if they are playing their very best, they are unstoppable. We've seen that from Paul McBeth, and Climo before him. Ricky has that sort of game as well. He's scary good when everything is clicking.

I think you would agree that Brinster, although a great disc golfer, is not at the same level.

Having said that, it would be sweet to have him shut me up and win back to back.
Um yeah I disagree, did you miss those stats finishing #1, #3, and #5 in the past 3 USDGCs... Brinster only beat McBeth last year and the year before and the year before at USDGC. You can talk all you want about other players falling apart when Brinster wins, but fact is it happens in every tournament to everybody(except Climo). So when McBeth wins it's only because he is the greatest ever, right? Except when he loses at USDGC. Brinster had some bad holes and still won!

"I don't want to take away...but so and so fell apart." What a bunch of BS. :rolleyes:

This year's picks:
1. Brinster (back to back)
2. Ricky (sticking with my Greg Norman comparison)
3. Feldy (hangin around, kid's got alligator blood)
4. Will (having a down year, but always does well here)
5. McBeth (best USDGC finish of his career so far)
6. Doss (steady goes it)
7. Nikko or Big Jerm (unsteady goes it)
8. McCray (sick turbo putt to tie 8th)
8. Shultz (that's not sick)
8. Rico (plays too conservative)

Latest posts