• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Gentlemens Club Challenge

There's Mcbeast then there's everyone else. First he's just flat out more accurate and consistent with all of his shots than anyone else, second he prepares better works longer harder, last that clearly puts him in his own class is that killer instinct. He IS going to park it, he IS going to make the putt, and he is going to take you out. I feel privileged to watch golf played at a new level. It's good for the game. He constantly is giving motivation to others to get better or get used to finishing behind him because he's not letting up.

Absolutely, He's a stud for sure. I like his style and tenacity. I give him props and am not a McBeast hater...I like to watch him kill it and honestly, he motivates me to be a better player. I was just poking fun of the fanboys getting all gushy gaga, lol.

People challenge him all the time. USDGC, Maple Hill, Texas States, Japan Open, Glass Blown, Rochester and the 2014 GCC were not won by Mcbeth. Hell even Worlds crazy playoff where Wysoki went toe to toe.

This isn't like when Climo was crushing the field by double digit strokes it's a lot closer and very competitive. He's currently #1 but to act like no one else is close is foolish.

Climo in his prime, was uncontested, pure dominance. Which is why Mcbeast may be on that level, because there are so many more good golfers out there now, to give competition. I always wonder how Kenny would fair in today's upper echelon of disc golfers, if he were in the same age group. Hard to say because the plastic is different.

Drew is coming up well. Never met him but he seems like a classy dude, from watching him in vids. That guy throws with a ton of power.

People challenge him all the time. USDGC, Maple Hill, Texas States, Japan Open, Glass Blown, Rochester and the 2014 GCC were not won by Mcbeth. Hell even Worlds crazy playoff where Wysoki went toe to toe.

This isn't like when Climo was crushing the field by double digit strokes it's a lot closer and very competitive. He's currently #1 but to act like no one else is close is foolish.

Climo in his prime, was uncontested, pure dominance. Which is why Mcbeast may be on that level, because there are so many more good golfers out there now, to give competition. I always wonder how Kenny would fair in today's upper echelon of disc golfers, if he were in the same age group. Hard to say because the plastic is different.

Exactly. There are so many GOOD golfers now that McBeth might not be winning every tournament but he is near the top every single time. Climo was the guy because the fields were so small and he just pulled ahead no matter what. He was that dominant. Look at the last singular person to dominate a sport: Tiger. He didnt win everything but he was finishing in the top 5 waiting to attack and miscues.

Face it, if he is in the tournament, he's a very heavy favorate. Hopefully the NT crowd can get some wins this season but its not looking like it.

Out of 25 tournaments the worst he finished was 6th. 6th. If you take out the two 6th place finishes the furthest back he finished was 3rd.

But.....we will see. This year is going to be trying for the field IMO. After losing the USDGC you could tell that it really burned Paul.

basically. He's in mid season form alrdy, that poster he hung in lizottes rv, and in some of his videos you can just tell he put in time this offseason. He didn't seem content after the great season he had.

So hanging a poster in a rv proves that he works harder than everyone else?

Maybe someone else on tour worked just as hard, if not harder, this offseason, but chose to not share about it on social media ...

Who are (8th placers as of end of round 2) Bobby Musick, Richard Thompson, & Max Nichols? Someone please tell me they are up and comers, soon to better challenge the McBeast, and not locals, who specialize in that course.

Bobby had been sponsored by innova for like 15 years. Lol. Met him last week in CA nice guy.

Maybe someone else on tour worked just as hard, if not harder, this offseason, but chose to not share about it on social media ...

Well that pie is baked....meaning: we shall see. I don't see how this season can beat last's as far as entertainment value goes...

I saw it on one of Simons videos and he liked it because he said it motivates him. Maybe mcbeast put it on social media? Idk. But everything indicates to me it's true. The most important part of it is mcbeth pushes to be the best and pushes others to be better. I'm sure other players work hard.That's a good thing for the sport. McBeast is just the one in the front raising the bar for others to try to reach.

Is he even more dominant now, than Climo was back in the day?

not even close- if i recall correctly there was one year (95?) when Climo won every event he played but 2.

Easy to make the argument that McBeth is playing at a higher level now but he is not "more dominant".

There's Mcbeast then there's everyone else. First he's just flat out more accurate and consistent with all of his shots than anyone else, second he prepares better works longer harder, last that clearly puts him in his own class is that killer instinct. He IS going to park it, he IS going to make the putt, and he is going to take you out. I feel privileged to watch golf played at a new level. It's good for the game. He constantly is giving motivation to others to get better or get used to finishing behind him because he's not letting up.

Please prove this. I play against people that I know for 100% fact practice more than me but I beat them. I also get beat by guys that pick up a disc once a week

Please prove this. I play against people that I know for 100% fact practice more than me but I beat them. I also get beat by guys that pick up a disc once a week

Ha... I am literally the only guy I know around here that actually practices- goes to the field, batting cage, putting basket, you name it, on a weekly basis...for over three years now... I win about 50% of the time.... against guys that leave their discs in the trunk until next week.

9908cb640cf00bd6689bd2aee22f0a9d.768x506x1.jpg

I don't think I ever stated whoever practices more will win. You have to use some logic. McBeth and all other pros have alot of natural talent. What separates them IMO are the reasons I stated. Sometimes there is no definitive answer and the best you can do is gather evidence and come to the most reasonable conclusions. You can argue with me all you want, but it's hard to argue with results.

Doesn't McBeth practice something like 8 hours a day?

Latest posts