• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

It seems fairly obvious we will not be getting final round coverage at this point. Still cant believe that they would have as much media coverage going on through the week as they did, and NOT produce a final round video. Seriously a huge fail on the part of SpinTV. :wall:

Innova is in more locations around the world but Discraft does sell more Ultrastars than their own entire DG lineup combined, last I heard. Ultimate is a far bigger sport than Disc Golf at this point although we're gaining fast.

Do ultimate players have 300+ lids sitting around?

Seriously wondering if they collect and hoard like dgers. Many use a few discs if not 20+ while i only see 1 on ultimate fields.

I've heard that vague statement of Discraft being bigger because of ultimate, but I've never seen any figures to back it up. I know that the Ultrastar is the preferred disc of ultimate players, but like has been mentioned, I don't think that ultimate players buy in near the volume that disc golfers do. A "serious casual" ultimate player might have what, 20-50 lids sitting around? Whereas the "serious casual" disc golfer might carry 15-30 discs any given round, and have 10x as many at home. Not to mention, Ultrastars go for ~$10 or less, whereas the average price of a golf disc is more like $14.

No doubt that Discraft owes a substantial percentage of their success to ultimate, but I'd really need to see evidence to believe that they're bigger than Innova because of it.

No doubt that Discraft owes a substantial percentage of their success to ultimate, but I'd really need to see evidence to believe that they're bigger than Innova because of it.

Maybe go lurk on the Ultimate forums (I assume there is such a thing.)

Maybe go lurk on the Ultimate forums (I assume there is such a thing.)

I'm not sure what that would accomplish, other than more hearsay. I think the only way that we'd ever have a true answer would be if Innova and Discraft released their sales figures, which I'm not going to be holding my breath on. Out of curiosity though, I did google Ultimate forums, and the two top hits have these figures:

ultitalk.com

Code:
Users Online	13 Guests, 0 Users, 0 Users in Chat

Most Online Today: 27. Most Online Ever: 341 (July 03, 2012, 01:50:09 AM)

USA Ultimate

Code:
Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users
There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests
Most users ever online was 320, 04-22-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Compared to DGCR's:

Code:
Currently Active Users: 330 (81 members and 249 guests)
View Who's Online	
Most users ever online was 2,608, 01-04-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Just arbitrary data, I know, but it hardly lends credence to the notion that ultimate is that much bigger than disc golf.

I'm not sure what that would accomplish, other than more hearsay. I think the only way that we'd ever have a true answer would be if Innova and Discraft released their sales figures, which I'm not going to be holding my breath on. Out of curiosity though, I did google Ultimate forums, and the two top hits have these figures:

ultitalk.com

Code:
Users Online13 Guests, 0 Users, 0 Users in Chat

USA Ultimate

Code:

Compared to DGCR's:

Code:
View Who's Online

Just arbitrary data, I know, but it hardly lends credence to the notion that ultimate is that much bigger than disc golf.
True except for Brodie millers video popularity

ultitalk.com

Code:
Users Online	13 Guests, 0 Users, 0 Users in Chat

USA Ultimate

Code:

Compared to DGCR's:

Code:
View Who's Online	

I was online most of that day, as it was a weekend. That number of DGCR users has to be a glitch or something because it is around double the old record. I'm on here every weekend and it's a ghost town compared to weekdays because most users log on on here from work. (Go to the main page, and look how many users are on right now) I asked Tim about it, but got no answer. So there's your little DGCR usage mystery.

Anyway, none of this has to do with the USDGC, and nobody but me cares about it.....so whatevs.

UmpOi.gif

I tried to tell the idiot but he thought he knew everything about the internet and how DG videos are made. Dude might have brain damage if he doesn't remember how bad some of those broadcasts were which WE PAID FOR!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work. Only ones really DOING it' :clap:

this talk online is cheap-- step your stream game up otherwise haterz lol. and spend the $$$$$$.

If you think the camera work this year was any better this year then last year you are out your f%$ing mind. I remember full well how DGP was but to think this year was any better is the dumbest sh@t I've ever heard. Oh and I will take fixed cameras at holes over crappy angles, cameras on the ground and pointed at nothing, camera men who cant even find the thrower and no final edited round any day of the week.

Not buying it. I also think Innova makes an Ultimate disc, but the truth is that I see a lot more Innova around than I do Discraft, and I like their product. Of course I'm stuck in Texas. I'm also amazed by the growth of the new entrants, especially Latitude.

Not seeing that. I go into Academy or other "big box" stores, and it's 95% Innova. The Play It Again Sports (PIAS) stores are getting a little bit better about other brands, but it's still majority Innova.

Until that changes, I'm not entertaining suggestions that Discraft's reach is bigger than Innova's, and I'll hold off for now on a dissertation of how much better Innova's Advertising and Marketing has been (and still is) than Discraft's..

I was speaking about profitability as a disc manufacturer. Discraft has more because of their total dominance in the other disc sports besides disc golf.

And we are so far away from the OP it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
If you think the camera work this year was any better this year then last year you are out your f%$ing mind. I remember full well how DGP was but to think this year was any better is the dumbest sh@t I've ever heard. Oh and I will take fixed cameras at holes over crappy angles, cameras on the ground and pointed at nothing, camera men who cant even find the thrower and no final edited round any day of the week.

lol. wtf are you even talking about? You paid for a service which was terrible. That's something to actually get upset over. Smashboxx? Nizzle.

Yet they sell that sh%t as "best media coverage ever for disc golf". Give me a break. I don't care if its free, Spin still got paid and so did Terry and it was below par. If this sport wants to be next level than deliver a next level product. If not then its all just talk.

Just an FYI for those who haven't seen, TheSpinTV has been posting new edited vids of the USDGC as recent as yesterday.

Now the not so good news, none are a final round lead card edit.

Latest posts