• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Charlie Vettiner Open

Big Nasty

Birdie Member
I'm interested in attending this event but I can't seem to find any information about it. Does anyone have any information for this event or can direct me to a place that does?

Welcome to Louisville area disc golf! All the nearby clubs are quite unorganized from what I can tell. Best place to look would be the Louisville DGC page on Facebook

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Agreed, Louisville isn't very organized at the moment. Registration link for the CVO is on the PDGA page now.

The So In Disc Golf Club is pretty organized right across the river from Louisville. Seviren Lang Memorial is coming up June 25 for Pro/Int divisions and June 26 for Adv/Rec divisions. $2000 added cash for pro's, free shirt for the first 50 ams + a nice players pack. Seviren's also one of the highest rated courses in Indiana, come check it out!
http://www.soindiscgolf.com/

Agreed, Louisville isn't very organized at the moment. Registration link for the CVO is on the PDGA page now.

Do you think that if the clubs were organized that Louisville would potentially have more courses?

Dunno but I've got a few courses in the works in southern Indiana. All are less than 15 min from the bridge.

I recently found about the Clarksville course. Sounds like it's going to be a good one. If you don't mind me asking, what other courses are you all working on?

Clarksville course is gonna be awesome, front 9 should be open in a couple months, we'll do the back 9 this fall and concrete tees next year.

I've got a nice beginner 9 hole course with the designed approved, unrelated things have delayed them pulling the trigger to buy baskets but I'm hopeful it will come though soon.

A new park is currently being built that will include disc golf, late summer the course design should start but that's dependent on other things getting completed on time.

He's quite right about SoIn being better organized. Louisville actually has a good variety courses all within about 30 mins drive.

Kind of sad, because years ago the LDGC was pretty great, with tournaments happening here at courses year round. Now its pretty much just a couple guys who run leagues every week, but no real effort to organize any tourneys other than the CVO and I think thats just because some pros come into town for that tourney.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk