• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Ledgestone

For those in favor of a deep payout, how deep are we talking? Obviously if we payout 100% of the field, that would be a joke and only heavily sponsored players could tour. So if you agree 100% is too much, what's the amount you think is just right?

45% seems too high to me. 45% makes it so thin at the bottom of those that cash, that it doesn't give you enough tour. I say, take all those spots that pay out under $300 (for the major tournaments) and spread them over the top 25%-33%. It makes it less of a struggle for the 1000-1020 rated players to tour.

^Agree

Anyone else excited to see Northwood Gold? Northwood classic was a fun course. Nothing spectacular, but super fun. I can for sure think of a few throw away holes they could of gotten rid of and it looks like they were able to make some long holes through the woods. I'm pumped up to see it.

Anyone else excited to see Northwood Gold? Northwood classic was a fun course. Nothing spectacular, but super fun. I can for sure think of a few throw away holes they could of gotten rid of and it looks like they were able to make some long holes through the woods. I'm pumped up to see it.

I dont think we are going to see it. The pros only play the Lake Eureka Temp course (yawn).

Apparently the winner of the fan vote for the live card is a 980 something rated local. Garry Patton.

Ive played with Gary a few times when I was in Peoria. Good guy but not live card material imo. Hes in good with the club there and with plastic addicts so I wouldnt be surprised if that played into it. I'm not a fan of all these feature cards and all this fan voting. Just give us one feature card and go random for the rest. Give everybody a chance at playing with a big name not just the people you hand pick.

Which makes it pretty much unwatchable after the first round. Lack of imagination by the TD I guess. #boremetodeath :\

Don't worry we get to see it again in 2 month for worlds! Just like the year they did this in Emporia; lame to have two big tournaments on the same courses in the same year.

Live stream looks good so far. The sound though...the Ulibarris either have bad microphones or they're not using microphones at all (just the built-in mic on their phone or laptop or whatever they're using to Skype). Sounds tinny and echo-y.

Nice start for Hailey. . but a "weak" feature card, no one on that card in the top 12

Not that I enjoy harping on the commentary, but I'm missing Val at this point. Not because Val is better at it than the Ulis, but because she has a better grasp of the FPO game, especially from a strategy standpoint. Uli seems to be analyzing things based on his experiences and playing style rather than recognizing that the women do not play at his level. For example, he was suggesting that Kacie Glade had to go for her par putt from 30 feet on hole 8 despite the elevated basket and the water behind it and was surprised when she didn't. Then Vanessa followed Kacie and demonstrated exactly why Kacie chose to lay up by missing her putt and going into the water.

Not that I enjoy harping on the commentary, but I'm missing Val at this point. Not because Val is better at it than the Ulis, but because she has a better grasp of the FPO game, especially from a strategy standpoint. Uli seems to be analyzing things based on his experiences and playing style rather than recognizing that the women do not play at his level. For example, he was suggesting that Kacie Glade had to go for her par putt from 30 feet on hole 8 despite the elevated basket and the water behind it and was surprised when she didn't. Then Vanessa followed Kacie and demonstrated exactly why Kacie chose to lay up by missing her putt and going into the water.

Partly to that point, though maybe not for the same reasons you're stating it... but there have been past BigSexy commentaries where Big Jerm and Nate were both chiding players (and male players at that) for not "going for it" or saying "these are pros,they should always go for it". I wonder if that was Uli's thinking when he said that about Kacie Glade. Whether it was or not, the mentality of "go for it all, all the time" isn't always the best strategy... just ask Ms. Pierce about some of those OBs she's thrown...

Wow Paige P putting is costing her a TON of shots at the moment 2x3putts on the B9

Partly to that point, though maybe not for the same reasons you're stating it... but there have been past BigSexy commentaries where Big Jerm and Nate were both chiding players (and male players at that) for not "going for it" or saying "these are pros,they should always go for it". I wonder if that was Uli's thinking when he said that about Kacie Glade. Whether it was or not, the mentality of "go for it all, all the time" isn't always the best strategy... just ask Ms. Pierce about some of those OBs she's thrown...

You may be right. I didn't get the impression that Uli was saying "go for it all, all the time", at least not in this instance. He was more saying something along the lines of "she's inside the circle, therefore she has to go for it". For pro men at his level, anything inside the circle is viewed as a must-make, and justifiably in most cases. That's not the case in the FPO game, particularly in situations where there is danger/OB behind the basket. The confidence just isn't there for a lot of them like it might be for the guys.

You may be right. I didn't get the impression that Uli was saying "go for it all, all the time", at least not in this instance. He was more saying something along the lines of "she's inside the circle, therefore she has to go for it". For pro men at his level, anything inside the circle is viewed as a must-make, and justifiably in most cases. That's not the case in the FPO game, particularly in situations where there is danger/OB behind the basket. The confidence just isn't there for a lot of them like it might be for the guys.

We are agreeing here. :thmbup: You are right about this situation and Uli's thinking on it. I was agreeing and also expanding on it in that BigJerm commentary has had that "go for it, and all the time" mentality at times, which may not be prudent in that FPO situation but also in some MPO situations.

Feels odd to have big names like Ricky and Paul in the clubhouse before the feature card have even started. . but if the weather changes they maybe glad to started early. .