• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Innova Blue Ridge Championship at North Cove (DGPT Silver)

I mean some things are kind of common sense. If you see a basketball team down 1 point in a Game 7 and they just dribble the clock out...you don't have to be an NBA champion to say "that was dumb".

BW has done a decent job of walking through his thought process on those last holes...but he did also kind of admit if he'd had a caddie to point out what the best strategy was, he probably would have at least run that birdie throw on 18.

In your example, could the team down by 1 potentially lose to a third or fourth team who was also playing?

Could an error have cost them a lot of money, which would help them continue touring the country playing against other basketball teams?

FWIW - Seems like Flick wanted to get back on topic, specifically with regard to hole #18. Just quoting him to bump the subject, in case anyone wants to bring this thread back on topic.

Not a lot of tourney talk for this one.

But what about the last hole? Bit of a sucker hole, right?

R3 the only one to birdie it was some whatever rated player on the whatevereth place. Several double digits over the weekend.

Smells to me like the couple blowup holes USDGC used to be infamous about. Although those did get birdied quite the bit too.

Afterthought. What little I watched of it, the course looked super nice. Lots of elevation, out frotm woods into the open and vice versa. Rocks and whatnot. After crying about the ball golf courses I thought the course alone would have merited discussion. Kind of perplexed about the radio silence TBH.
I see theres a thread in the General Disc Golf Chat subforum. Ill continue there.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142994

In your example, could the team down by 1 potentially lose to a third or fourth team who was also playing?

Could an error have cost them a lot of money, which would help them continue touring the country playing against other basketball teams?

Maybe we have very different ideas on what a "lot" of money is.

Well since this thread covers a specific topic, enough money to continue touring and paying other bills I would expect.

Given the action that had already happened ahead of him, his worst case scenario is making $300 less dollars by going into a tie for 2nd. If $300 less of a payday means he can't continue touring or paying his bills, then he should be looking to get another job. It also means he was staking his entire pro career on finishing 2nd or better at this exact tournament to get the payday he needed.

It's the difference between 2850 and roughly 2550.

Given the action that had already happened ahead of him, his worst case scenario is making $300 less dollars by going into a tie for 2nd. If $300 less of a payday means he can't continue touring or paying his bills, then he should be looking to get another job. It also means he was staking his entire pro career on finishing 2nd or better at this exact tournament to get the payday he needed.

I think the calculus here is similar but on a smaller scale to what we see on game shows like Millionaire. The player gets to a certain point where they can go home with $500K or go for the $1 million knowing they go home with just $10K if they miss. They have no help like phone a friend or 50/50 left. I suspect most people will take the $500K and be happy they did. Only the few to where their plan was $1 million or bust would go for it.

It's not about this specific tournament. But some weekends $300 may be all there is to win at a smaller event.

Then again, a bad throw can end up costing more than a stroke. Could've ended up 3rd and that would've been 600 less I think?

Regardless, we wouldn't have pro disc golf at if not for all the people that need that $300 to keep playing.

Ezra Aderhold is living out a Prius so he can tour.

It's not about this specific tournament. But some weekends $300 may be all there is to win at a smaller event.

Then again, a bad throw can end up costing more than a stroke. Could've ended up 3rd and that would've been 600 less I think?

Regardless, we wouldn't have pro disc golf at if not for all the people that need that $300 to keep playing.

Given the action at the time of his throw though, it also seems super unlikely he even loses the $300. Getting to 3rd would have required some kind of horrific ability to lay up what should have been a fairly simple and very short shot.

I get it, it was raining, and rain sucks, and sudden rain sucks even more. I thought it was honest and transparent when he talked about the impact of that on his decision-making. I related to the idea of "it's raining, i just wanted to get out of there. I didn't want to stand there thinking and getting wet, so I took the easy way out". It's not like I've never walked up to a shot in the rain, had my disc, realized it was PROBABLY the wrong disc, but just didn't want to deal with it so threw it anyways. I did think it was interesting that in the midst of all of that, he went and put away his "throw in" disc to get his layup disc though.

Also I wouldn't exactly call it "living out of a Prius" when he's staying in Air BNB's at night. It's not like he's sleeping in the thing.

He used to live out of his Prius, but that hasn't happened since Discraft sponsored him. I do believe at one time he was using the Discraft RV and he might still be using that.

He used to live out of his Prius, but that hasn't happened since Discraft sponsored him. I do believe at one time he was using the Discraft RV and he might still be using that.

Maybe I got the timing wrong. I thought he did the RV with Uli in '21, then moved the Prius for 22?

And yes he did sleep in the Prius at times at least according to the video he made.

I was watching some highlights from last weekend.

When did Catrina Allen change her form? She used to bring the disc on a pronounced 90 degree vertical angle before her back swing. Now she is bringing it back more flat, horizontal angle.

Latest posts