• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Texas States DGPT Silver

I just wanted to note that the courses were remarkably well-tuned for FPO and MPO, with the peak fit near 930 and 1000.

attachment.php

Attachments

• TexasStateFit.png
    TexasStateFit.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 214
Sounds like the FPO lead card was a fun watch.
I'll have to check out the post pro.

She said she wasn't paying attention to score. She simply wanted to seal the deal. And mad props to nail that putt under that situation.

It was a pleasure to watch her play. This round was very enjoyable to watch.

I was able to watch in person on Sunday and it was a very good round to be there for.

The vibe on the card seemed great. A lot of good attitudes there in that group and lots of comments and congratulations on shots being given. Sometimes the weirdness of a huge group of people silently watching everything from close by cuts down on that considerably, but everyone, including Sai, seemed to be handling it well and enjoying a round with friends.

One thing that struck me was the fluidity of Sai's shots. A short, quick run-up and the disc zipped off down the fairway, almost always with good distance and precise direction. And the way that both Ohn and Sai's putts streak through the air on a line, but with flutter, was also interesting to watch.

And several of us gathered near the green of 18 were surprised to see her running that putt. It's good to get the explanation for why.

And several of us gathered near the green of 18 were surprised to see her running that putt. It's good to get the explanation for why.

Very surpriseing as she DID lay up the tee shot on 17. . that made me think she had 100% control and knew what she needed to do.
And it looked like Sai was the one doing the scorekeeping for the card

Very surpriseing as she DID lay up the tee shot on 17. . that made me think she had 100% control and knew what she needed to do.

She played 17 exactly the same during round 2. I think it was just her game plan - just play to the mouth of the peninsula.

She may have been keeping score, but not be paying attention to the totals or standings. I'm not a pro, but when I keep score, I'm more focused on my game. I get everyone's score for the hole, mark it down and move on. I may have an 'idea' of where I stand, but I'm not taking time/concentration to figure out how everyone's scores are after each hole. So she probably has a 'general' idea of where she stands versus the others on her card....which is why she thought she had to run the final putt.

So she probably has a 'general' idea of where she stands versus the others on her card....which is why she thought she had to run the final putt.

she stated that she didn't know where she was in the standings, and that she thought she might have to make that last putt to avoid a playoff.

Exactly. There seemed to be very little risk in running that putt on 18.

would you not consider hitting the front of the cage and rolling directly back at her, past her, and out of bounds, a risk?

she stated that she didn't know where she was in the standings, and that she thought she might have to make that last putt to avoid a playoff.

would you not consider hitting the front of the cage and rolling directly back at her, past her, and out of bounds, a risk?

I suppose, sure. But on the flip side, I have seen lay ups do some unlikely things also.

To extend your scenario, she could have laid up, had the disc hit the pole, roll backward, had the cross wind blow it and hit a tree, and then have it magically reverse direction and roll OB to the left of the green. But what really happened is she nailed the putt, won the tourney by three strokes and everyone but you was happy for her, lol.

Sorry for the snarkiness, but like Bill Belichick once said, on to Cincinnati.

There was OB sidewalk about 10 feet behind the basket.

True. I just re-watched the fly over and OB was alot closer than I originally thought. Apparantly she was just feeling it.

This probably explains why everyone on the card was coming up short, or bailing out left. Even Ohn's shot which flashed past the basket almost skipped OB..

How about we give Sai credit for making a nice out to get her first win.

Maybe she'll learn to pay attention to scores down the stretch, but in her mind (which is where pressure exists), that was a clutch putt, because she thought she needed it.

Whether actually needed it or not, or not becomes irrelevant.

Maybe she'll learn to pay attention to scores down the stretch, but in her mind (which is where pressure exists), that was a clutch putt, because she thought she needed it.

Clutch. That was the performance I saw throughout the round.

Must learn fact about women for all you single fellas out there.

The way she had been putting from distance a layup probably had as much chance as going OB as a run at it did of going in. I can't think of a more impressive edge-of-circle putting performance over three rounds. Ohn couldn't miss in match play last year in Colorado, but I don't she sustained that over the entire tourny like Sai did.

I suppose, sure. But on the flip side, I have seen lay ups do some unlikely things also.

To extend your scenario, she could have laid up, had the disc hit the pole, roll backward, had the cross wind blow it and hit a tree, and then have it magically reverse direction and roll OB to the left of the green. But what really happened is she nailed the putt, won the tourney by three strokes and everyone but you was happy for her, lol.

Sorry for the snarkiness, but like Bill Belichick once said, on to Cincinnati.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the odds of going OB are less if she is trying to lay up vs running that putt. note: she could have laid up to 20 feet then laid up to 5 feet and still won.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the odds of going OB are less if she is trying to lay up vs running that putt. note: she could have laid up to 20 feet then laid up to 5 feet and still won.

See above post, I can't say it any better.

See above post, I can't say it any better.

it was a great win by Sai, and a great final putt

it was also objectively not the smartest play, and one that she would maybe do differently if she knew the scores :thmbup:

Latest posts