• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

23mph

You forgot though to use the internet equation:

Real Number X 2.3 = Internet Number

To reverse this equation simply:

Internet Number / 2.3 = Real Number

This equation can be used for maximum distance figures, length of the hole you aced, etc...

Hope this help you!

You forgot to add in the Texas factor. Everythings bigger.

I understand your pain! Although, I play in windier conditions all the time, it's all about what your norm is. If you play in 20mph winds every day then it's no big deal to you, you already know how your discs will fly in those conditions, but if the most you ever deal with is 5mph then 20 or 30 will be crazy!

My home course sits 100 yards from the waters edge of a lake, so trust me when I say I understand the wind! There's always a 10-15mph wind out there 24/7, but you get used to it and know how to compensate. HOWEVER, last week we had a cold front and rain storm come through and HOLY CRAP 45mph all day and 60mph gusts. It was so windy I got off work early (I work outdoors and it was a safety hazard) so I thought I'd go throw some plastic. I couldn't even get my stiletto past 200!! At first I was determined to beat that crazy wind, butttt after the first few holes I just had to laugh and start drinking a tad faster haha

You forgot though to use the internet equation:

Real Number X 2.3 = Internet Number

To reverse this equation simply:

Internet Number / 2.3 = Real Number

This equation can be used for maximum distance figures, length of the hole you aced, etc...

Hope this help you!

exactly!

*insert wind humblebrag*

bro if you aren't throwing in at least 25mph regularly you don't even know how to disc.

Fact Check: Midland TX average wind speed since the beginning of March is 11, not 23. The average of your maximum daily wind speed is 20. Your average gust wind is 22. The average of your maximum gust is 29.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...014&req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Saying the wind averages are high in western Texas is inaccurate. To say the wind frequently blows hard almost every day is accurate. Tomorrow's forcast is for high winds in the morning (21 mph at 10am) and light winds in the afternoon (4 mph winds at 7pm). The average would be pretty low for the day.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Hourly.aspx?location=USTX0888&day=Tomorrow

I played out there every week for three years. It's about 50/50 on the wind there. It frequently changed during the round.

...the more momentum your disc has, the more work the wind has to do to take your putt off it's line.

While the intent of the statement is completely based in truth, I don't believe this is phrased exactly correct. I would agree that the wind has to exert more power to take the putt off of its line, but not more work. The increase in power is simply because there's less travel time in which the wind can act on the disc.

I played out there every week for three years. It's about 50/50 on the wind there. It frequently changed during the round.

That sounds a bit like Kansas, I have had the wind change from North to South during a round.

tidbit:
According to the National Climatic Data Center's list of annual average wind speeds, the windiest U.S. city is Dodge City, Kansas, with an average speed of 13.9 mph. Other windy cities include Amarillo, Texas (13.5 mph) and Rochester, Minn.

Love playing in the wind (10-20 mph) and watching the disc dance in the air. Wind gusts of 40-50 mph not so much!

While the intent of the statement is completely based in truth, I don't believe this is phrased exactly correct. I would agree that the wind has to exert more power to take the putt off of its line, but not more work. The increase in power is simply because there's less travel time in which the wind can act on the disc.

I'll buy the "travel time" theory, but I believe there is more involved.

Seems to when you throw your disc with more power the wind will have to be stronger to overcome the momentum of the disc. You can easily carry your disc in your hand from your lie to the target, since you are more powerful than the wind. (Unless you are in Texas).

The Rumble is being broadcast on youtube via Smashbox and DGGuy. Anyways 25 mph winds are expected if you want to see real wind today. Think broadcast starts at either 10 or 11am CDT.

Latest posts