• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ace Race 2010-Discraft Hornet

How is this thread not getting more action? Is everyone trying to keep the big secret or something??

probably because not everyone has participated in ace race...but now that this thread came up I'm going to do my local one in October :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

so people are saying I should practice with a Nebula? where can I pick one up, I cant find anything online

i thought the disc was like a whippet

Yeah, not a bad comparison. That or a beat Drone would work. My advice is to just go all out and throw lasers with it at the basket, don't even worry about trying to get it to finesse itself into the basket.

based on this thread, and my experience with the disc, you should practice throwing lasers about 250 ft.

hopefully the disc will hit the chains and stick, but who cares how far you go past if you miss.

it seems as if it'll be tough to shape lines and manipulate the disc much so just fire away

I loooooove mine. I have a 177+ that feels like it's over 180 and just sinks when I throw it because it's so heavy. It's going on the wall. The 160-166 however is incredibly stable for how light it is. If I could have got my hands on a 150 I would just to see if it could flip. The 160-166 holds a real tight hyzer and will even go straight for a bit if I snap it enough. I really hope they run these. Anyone know the name of it or have they not given it one yet?

Playing in an Ace Race next weekend. Doesn't really sound like many people here are that thrilled with the disc. It will be nice to go in knowing it's an overstable mid. I probably won't hit anything, but it should be a fun day.

Playing in an Ace Race next weekend. Doesn't really sound like many people here are that thrilled with the disc. It will be nice to go in knowing it's an overstable mid. I probably won't hit anything, but it should be a fun day.

Yeah, I don't see this disc becoming a workhorse in too many player's bags, it's just too beefy to be that useful. Might be a good mid for windier courses though.

Ha, I love beefy mids. I do have a gator and blaze in my bag afterall.

Our ace race is tomorrow, can't wait.

It flies like a longer roc. With more power it holds a very straight line with a steep fade in the end.

Holds a powerful anny flat and super straight like a buzzz. but it needs the power.

Because of the glide and stability it will probably go into my bag

So for a person that throws a buzzz in the 310-320' range dead straight without any fade, will this disc be one that will fade at that distance? I have been thinking about picking up a wasp for a shot like that, but wonder if this disc would be just as good or better.

Anybody want to make a wager on if this disc will see another run? I've got $1000 for any takers...

Latest posts