• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I recall seeing film of people throwing for large single-hole ace prizes. Every competitor had to say their name and the mold they were throwing to the camera, and that it was a PDGA approved disc. (e.g. "I'm Turd Ferguson, and I'm throwing a PDGA approved Discraft Hawk.")

I hope that there's something similar, but everyone has to try to keep a straight face while they say that their disc is ADGT approved.

Also, I didn't realize that the prize vehicle was a Renegade. They're actually pretty sweet whips for disc golf related pursuits. (Unless your disc golf pursuits involve fitting large road signs into the back hatch...no promises there.)

What about if somebody needs a Dr. computer science to design software or run diagnostics? Or a Dr. of chemistry to synthesize a new compound? The medical doctor is equally as ill-suited to these tasks and wouldn't volunteer their services either.

What are you a doctor of again?

And the more important question is why am I even bothering arguing on the internet?

well now you are being silly. in the extremely rare chemistry or computer science emergency, the person would yell "is anyone here a chemist" or computer science

You know, that screenshot brings up one of the minor but persistent mysteries of this project. Which is, for their social media pages, for the people who can ask questions there (I'm banned), why why why don't they give substantial answers? If asked if that's the real car, wouldn't you reply something like, "Yep, that's the one, it could be yours in 3 days!" Someone asks if there's a list of registered players, and they just answer "Yes, on the website", and nothing more. Hey, guys, a question on social media is an outright invitation to self-promotion. Why wouldn't you use it?

i'm going to defend them here. the more they have said in the past, the worse they have looked. it is probably in their best interest to elaborate as little as possible.

Has anyone heard how the player's meeting went last night? And is filo the only dgcr person playing? Any dgcr spectators today?

But since its inception, the brand has received a well-documented online reputation for poor customer service and faulty products. Whether it is on the discussion forums of Disc Golf Course Review and Reddit or on a dedicated "Salient Discs Complaint Center" Facebook group, the company has long been the subject of disc golfers' scorn.

We're famous...:\

Hey Andy how much Salient merch did you purchase? I'm guessing more than nothing...
Regarding the criticism of the company, Boucher chalked up the negativity to a small, but vocal, minority of people who may not have even purchased anything from the company.

Hey Andy how much Salient merch did you purchase? I'm guessing more than nothing...

How much in debt are these guys! Seriously nobody can still be buying there products right?

"We have ESPN commercials, we have commercials that we have cut…This is the full-blown televised event. This isn't a YouTube, iPhone, backpack thing."

I'm sure commercials is what is going to bring the non-disc golf watcher in.

So, I'm sure it has been discussed before, but I'm getting more and more eager to watch this trainwreck live, but without a cable subscription I'm SOL correct? Can someone share their info with me (how many people can watch on one subscription)? Can I find a pirated stream somewhere? Or do I just have to suck it up and find somewhere to go play disc golf on my own for real and hope to find a rebroadcast somewhere?

I only knew of couple locals who were even throwing their discs, and a couple others that had bags. That was two years ago and none of them afaik(with maybe the exception of one guy using the Prometheus as an OH roller) are still using them, let alone buying more.

How much in debt are these guys! Seriously nobody can still be buying there products right?

"We have ESPN commercials, we have commercials that we have cut…This is the full-blown televised event. This isn't a YouTube, iPhone, backpack thing."

I'm sure commercials is what is going to bring the non-disc golf watcher in.

They're quoted in the article as saying they've already invested "upper five figures" into the whole thing. I believe that. I also believe that there's no way in hell they're recouping even half of that. Even if the broadcast on Sunday goes flawlessly and the six holes they show are drama-filled and exciting and perfectly shot, that single event isn't going to trigger an avalanche of support for the sport from the outside. It isn't going to explode overnight from one two-hour broadcast. It's going to take at least a couple more events/broadcasts before the most optimistic vision of "growing the sport" starts to take place.

I believe the most appropriate description of even the most optimistic outcome for Sunday's event is "unsustainable".

Word. My extremely low opinion of them is also based solely on direct interaction. Except for the time they complained to my boss about my posting (about their continued failure to deliver product) instead of talking to me. That was indirect. Kind of like contacting through social media now that I think about it.

Should we be offended at SmashBoxx??? hahah. Good thing I have thick skin. There is so much I would love to say, but I am just gonna sit on my hands and keep my mouth shut.

I will say this, I think that whatever they show, will probably look good if not great. When you put almost 6 figures into something like this with a professional production company, it should. I am curious as to what this big secret thing that has NEVER been done is. My guess is live drone coverage. If I am right, I win a lollipop.

My question is sustainability. What IF the big sponsors don't come running? They can't exactly afford to do this year after year until they do. Oh, that's right... our fault.

And I TRULY hope they do succeed. Because I am right in line to be one of the people that benefits from more eyeballs on Disc Golf. If sponsors come running, I am going to be there with my hand out as well from all the dollars flying in. :popcorn: