• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

The graphics work is pretty sketchy.
Pixelated images and rough photoshop work in several places.
The Fitbit logo looks like they took a low res fitbit logo and vectorized it poorly. I mean, Fitbit has a .eps of the fitbit logo in their online press kit.
Also, River Rat Brewery on the same tier of sponsorship beside of ESPN and Fitbit? And that logo is also squished and pixelated.
Gives off an unprofessional appearance when you don't have those sort of things taken care of.

I saw these logos when I first looked at the site, but can't find them now. Which page were they on?

This smells of people throwing that dang Sailient dinner plate on all the drives. Please for the love of god don't let this be true.

Notice is says "Live on ESPN Networks" (the underline is mine). Finally, disc golf on El Ocho!

Yeah, I'm thinking ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app is the likely venue for this, if it happens at all. Which means it's maybe a step above what we've already seen from other live stream ventures. There's a promo video on Youtube for this that originates from a media production company. Seems similar to what Jussi did at the EO in hiring a company to produce a live television broadcast for Finnish TV and streaming, only this is probably limited to just streaming. A step above Smashboxx or DGP, maybe, but hardly the live ESPN experience that the vague descriptions promise. Still mucho expensive by disc golf standards...really curious where all this money is going to come from for what may be a one-off event unlikely to have any real star power.

by the way isn't that going to make four different tours for disc golf (atleast stateside)

The trick with the other "tours" is they're all comprised of PDGA sanctioned events. So they're not really competing with one another, at least not in a way any different than any other year.

email sent to ESPN

... and I hate spamming on facebook, but I just did it on anyone that linked anything to ADGT. Don't want anyone to get screwed over if things go south.

by the way isn't that going to make four different tours for disc golf (atleast stateside)
I think so and people thinking that all they have to do is create more "Tours" and the sport will grow. I apologize but all that sounds like disc golfers who are in charge of these tours are nothing but amateurs who have no clue.

Just came to comment that they probably could have gotten someone with a bit of technique to throw in that promo video... Also could use some SERIOUS photoshop skills over there at ESPN - wow that homepage banner. i didn't know the ADGT had sand traps :confused:

I think so and people thinking that all they have to do is create more "Tours" and the sport will grow. I apologize but all that sounds like disc golfers who are in charge of these tours are nothing but amateurs who have no clue.

:clap:

The Squall is not an approved disc. I'm not joining.

The Squall is not an approved disc. I'm not joining.

All discs approved by any other professional flying disc association is considered a "Legacy". Legacy's are considered approved by ADGT standards. (Beginning Jan 1, 2016 all NEW discs manufactured must be approved for play in the ADGT.

LOL Salient. I gave them a shot in my store and they of course didn't sell. After a year, I had to sell them all in a bulk lot for $4 per disc just to get rid of them. Nobody would bid at $5 or $6 per disc. They make horrible bags and their customer service is a joke. When I placed my first (and only) dealer order with them, they sent me only 50% of what I ordered and sent me a bunch of stuff that I didn't order. They would not correct the problem. I should've just refused the shipment and got my money back but I was willing to give a new company a shot. Oh well. I hope this adventure fails miserably. They're just looking to make a bunch of money and provide nothing. Like they did with their bags

So if, and I mean if, this is all bogus with ESPN and Fitbit, there has to be some kinds of legal ramifications from using their name without permission right??

Whew, anybody read their "rule book"? Seems to require having read the PDGA rules of play to understand how to apply a lot of them.

Their OB rule (#13), for example, states that if you are OB you mark your next lie as outlined in rule #8. However rule 8 describes how to mark a lie when one is inbounds and within one meter of an OB line. There's nothing about how you determine where along the OB line you would mark a lie for an OB disc. Oh, and you absolutely cannot play from your previous lie if you are OB. No idea why one would think that an option since it isn't offered in this rule book, but you can't do it.

And if you think you might not find the disc you've just thrown, you can throw a provisional. No explanation of what a provisional is, but you can only do it if you think your disc might be lost.

Clown show. That's all I can gather from their site...it's a clown show.

Yeah, it is an overwhelming task to write comprehensive rules for even the simplest of games. It usually takes a considerable span of trial and error, with frequent revisitation and review....preferrably by a board. Lots of growing pains in the process....as we have seen over the years with PDGA rules.

Went to the membership signup form to see if they are actually trying to collect money. I filled nothing in, hit submit and it said "form submitted successfully."

I guess I'm a member now?

So if, and I mean if, this is all bogus with ESPN and Fitbit, there has to be some kinds of legal ramifications from using their name without permission right??

You would assume most companies would give them an opportunity to stop first. If they refused That would generally be when legal action commences

They have a picture of some snail mail they got from ESPN on their Twitter. Has to be legit. ;)

Pure speculation here, but based on the photo it seems like a carriage agreement only for the one event (the "American Open"). In other words, don't expect ESPN production values -- it's probably just an agreement for a stream on WatchESPN.com.

"Licensor will provide to ESPN one fully-produced audio-video program comprised of..."

Latest posts