• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Amelia, OH

AmShank DGC

35(based on 2 reviews)

sisyphus

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer

Join the discussion about AmShank DGC

Hole nicknames: #1 Hoopside, #2 Tunnel, #3 Shortie, #4 Bowl Game, #5 Bridger, #6 Twofer, #7 (Happy) Landings, #8 MidGard & #9 Sycamores. Those white pvc poles you see on holes 1, 6 & 7 are temporary 'chime' poles: object targets to use until we get either alternate sleeves to shift the baskets ...or actual baskets. You may also throw to the posts for alternate targets on 4 & 8. All holes except #3 will have alternate locations.

#6 Basket in the short red position now, so the entire red layout can be played 'for real' (though crossing is not advised until the flood diminishes). If you want to go through the 'white' course, the hill on 6 is steep and slick with leaves. Only the 'chime' pole to target there ('long') for the forseeable future. Watch your footing on the newly cut holes, as leaves hide small stumps. Please be careful throwing near the path and bridge, and watch for others still playing the old layout (towards you!) I did remove half of the ancient tee posts, so folks SHOULD know the old course is gone. We are re-installing the temporary signage as the weather messes with it... at least I hope it's just the weather...

#6 Basket in the short red position now, so the entire red layout can be played 'for real' (though crossing is not advised until the flood diminishes). If you want to go through the 'white' course, the hill on 6 is steep and slick with leaves. Only the 'chime' pole to target there ('long') for the forseeable future. Watch your footing on the newly cut holes, as leaves hide small stumps. Please be careful throwing near the path and bridge, and watch for others still playing the old layout (towards you!) I did remove half of the ancient tee posts, so folks SHOULD know the old course is gone. We are re-installing the temporary signage as the weather messes with it... at least I hope it's just the weather...

Well, I HAD big plans for the AmShank disc golf course, but as of today, Iâ€(TM)ve pretty much decided that the vandals have convinced me not to waste my time, energy or money on the course any further. We were going to fundraise to put in all the concrete tees, alt baskets and permanent signage, but when they throw your safety signage (on a metal pole) in the creek for the third time, rip down two other caution signs, demolish the fifth tee sign and stuff the 6th in the port-o let, Iâ€(TM)m done. They donâ€(TM)t deserve the hundred hours and the money Iâ€(TM)ve put in so far. Itâ€(TM)s currently playable from Red & White tees to all the intended target positions, so enjoy.