• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Glow Bergs are a thing - I have one.

It may be my imagination, but my K1 Soft seems to be getting a bit glidey. Overshot a few baskets today. Very weird … probably the archer.

Could be you are getting more spin on release. I spin putt with Bergs, and in the time that it took me to be able to putt edge of circle I noticed I was getting more distance on full power throws. My original k3 putter is much glider now than when new though so your K1 soft could be beating in a bit.

I've always felt they glide plenty, just not in a traditional sense. Usually we all think of glide as added distance on low power throws like a paper airplane. I'm calling Berg glide "hang time" because it'll stay in the air for a decent amount of time it just doesn't equate to distance.

Side note can the entire disc golf community stop saying "forward fade" it's a paradox:sick:

Bergs slightly nose up unlock glide that makes them the best touch but not touchy approach disc. I throw two primary berg shots, penetrating ones that I can push over 200' FH hyzer, straight or anhyzer overall and Plop shots that stay where they land. I have the plop shot dialed in where if I have the ceiling I can throw it about 150'. Giving it a run and usually staying inside of 15'

My k2 thats been in the bag 5 years was a flatter K2 and has lost dome, where my previous K2 gained or kept it. The current one is definitely straighter than my K2 glow I throw at night. I don't feel the need to bag multiples anymore cause I have learned how to manipulate them enough. If I were to play sea level I would likely put one of my fresher/stable ones in place of the beat one.

They don't necessarily glide but they float, with a little nose up.

If I was a cultist, I might say the Berg hovers around the basket and lands softly.

They don't necessarily glide but they float, with a little nose up.

If I was a cultist, I might say the Berg hovers around the basket and lands softly.

How do you differentiate glide and float? I live and play at elevation, and have always been curious when people talk about glide. I hear people say things like "Putters cannot be a glide 5, putters dont glide that much"... I tend to feel like mids and putters are capable of having as much or more glide than drivers are. Is glide a trait of high speed portion of flight, low speed or both?

How do you differentiate glide and float? I live and play at elevation, and have always been curious when people talk about glide. I hear people say things like "Putters cannot be a glide 5, putters dont glide that much"... I tend to feel like mids and putters are capable of having as much or more glide than drivers are. Is glide a trait of high speed portion of flight, low speed or both?

I think glide is different, based on disc speed. For putters and mids I'd say it's primarily low speed, drivers probably a combo of both. Comet and Berg are slow and "floaty", Envy and Buzzz are faster and more penetrating.

I'm fine with calling the slow, hovering flight of the Berg as glidey or floaty. 👍

I have a K3 Hard Berg and interested in trying a different plastic. Any guidance on consistency of current runs; anything to avoid?

I have a few K1 Beorgs (Eric Oakley signature) that are my favorites among all the plastics I've tried (K1 hard, soft, standard, and K3). They mellow nicely over time with less pronounced finish. I still rely on it when I need to "hit and stick" like on a sloped green. I don't think I've ever had a rollaway with it.

Also, three 160'+ throw-ins and counting. So I've got that going for me...which is nice.

I have a K3 Hard Berg and interested in trying a different plastic. Any guidance on consistency of current runs; anything to avoid?

The berg was designed around k2/k1 soft and I fit that they have the best flight characteristics.

Typically with slow discs, the berg included there's not much variance run to run, despite what some may tell you. I won't argue with them, my K2s are all worth a bunch of $ cause people swore the new ones were so different.

My K1 soft Berg has officially become my underpowered touch approach disc FH and BH, for non-shaped lines outside of jump putt and within about 180. I've had three ultra sweet throw ins (almost feels like an ace) in the last month, all FH.

What I like is: soft plastic and rim shape minimizes ground nonsense; lid-like flight minimizes magnitude of the error when power is misjudged; rim shape is ideal for both nose-up type FH and thumb and index finger dart type BH throws, keeping things simple with one disc.

It's not limited to just this function, but it's earned that dedicated role.

I'm impressed with how the K1 Soft Glow Berg Berg feels. It also glows well.

But if anyone was hoping this would be a facsimile of the 2019 Team K2 Glow Berg, it's not.

My two K1 Soft Berg Bergs are flat af. I'm looking forward to throwing them, but the cool thing about the 2019 K2 Glow Berg is the extreme dome. The K1 soft Bergs don't have it.

Just an FYI.

I'm impressed with how the K1 Soft Glow Berg Berg feels. It also glows well.

But if anyone was hoping this would be a facsimile of the 2019 Team K2 Glow Berg, it's not.

My two K1 Soft Berg Bergs are flat af. I'm looking forward to throwing them, but the cool thing about the 2019 K2 Glow Berg is the extreme dome. The K1 soft Bergs don't have it.

Just an FYI.
I'm going to need a profile pic of that 2019 Glow K2, because I'm having a hard time imagining a Berg with dome...

It's the shape berg were supposed to have. Love my k2 glow as well as my other K2s, though my main bagged K2 has broken in to flat over the 7ish years in the bag.
Agreed, my 2017 K1 glow has that profile and I think it gives them a little extra stability compared to the recent flatter runs. It's pretty neutral after 7 years but the Berg X is an awesome compliment. I throw the Berg or X on probably 75% of shots inside 180'.

So easy a caveman can park a basket.

Latest posts