• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

anyone use the Phenix Core Bag?

pic 5) rainfly deployed
I was surprised that the velco and clips held just fine even when I held bag upside down and shook it pretty hard. Would still want to take it as a carry on and not check on airplane.
IMG_1411.jpg

pic 6) left side pockets, water bottle pocket, pen pouches and small storage pocket
really like the way the velcro was done here so that the velcro strips are perpendicular to eachother so that you don't have to carefully close it in order for it to catch.
IMG_1413.jpg

pic 8) back padding with breathable mesh lining
I really noticed the difference the padding and nice lining makes today at the course. I didn't have a sweat through my shirt patch where the bag sits, and didn't feel like the bag was stabbing me in my back like my old bag.
IMG_1415.jpg

The first modification I plan to make is to get some little twist lock caribeaners from the hardware store to replace the POS ones that come with the quad shocks. I have already had one of the springs die out and they are only about a month old. I don't plan on moving my straps often, so I'd prefer to have the security of the twist lock.

What is that blue tubing that is on par tof the bag and what do you use it for?

The only cover is the rainfly. Seems to be similar to the rip-stop gore fabric on my ice-climbing jacket... beefy stuff. The velcro allows you to open just one side of it when grabbing a disc, and not letting the other side and the center pocket get wet when you reach for a disc.

The blue tubing is a little bungie thingy i got at the grocery store that holds my shammy towel in place. It gives me the freedom to use the shammy while standing and the bag is on the ground, without fear of dropping it and leaving it behind.

I got he truck bed lining on the bottom which seems to provide some overall rigidity to the bag. It is very stable and will pretty much put itself right-side up if laid down on it's side or front. The rest of the bag's structure comes from semi-rigid webbing that is sewn in around the frame (see upper right hand corner of pic 4).

The sides (and whole bag) are beefy 1000 denier cordura, which is the same fabric that is used on my ice-climbing gaiters. The stuff is designed to protect your leg from sharpened steel crampons... I don't think any disc golf related activities are going to even wear on it.

Last edited:
I got he truck bed lining on the bottom which seems to provide some overall rigidity to the bag. It is very stable and will pretty much put itself right-side up if laid down on it's side or front. The rest of the bag's structure comes from semi-rigid webbing that is sewn in around the frame (see upper right hand corner of pic 4).

The sides (and whole bag) are beefy 1000 denier cordura, which is the same fabric that is used on my ice-climbing gaiters. The stuff is designed to protect your leg from sharpened steel crampons... I don't think any disc golf related activities are going to even wear on it.

cool thanks for the info and pics!

8 pics to post for you, let me know if you'd like any different shots of them:

pic 1) main center pocket, little zip pocket inside on left, and key/tag ring on right
I would estimate this main pocket to be able to hold 4-5 beers comfortably
IMG_1407.jpg

Is that an otter box? What size is it, can you post a few more pics of it?

Found my first real irritation with this bag, but solved the problem with a quick modification. The middle zipper pocket is kind of a pain because you really have to open both zippers to get into it. I took a little string, tied it to one zipper, then strung it through a little piece of plastic tubing (used for hooking up my ice machine) cut to size, then tied it to the other zipper. Now i can open both zipper at once with ease by tugging on the plastic tubing.

modification1.jpg

Found my first real irritation with this bag, but solved the problem with a quick modification. The middle zipper pocket is kind of a pain because you really have to open both zippers to get into it. I took a little string, tied it to one zipper, then strung it through a little piece of plastic tubing (used for hooking up my ice machine) cut to size, then tied it to the other zipper. Now i can open both zipper at once with ease by tugging on the plastic tubing.

modification1.jpg

nice mod, i would have thought that would have come standard though.how many discs can you fit?

Latest posts