• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

anyone use the Phenix Core Bag?

Mint & Olive
DSCI0258.jpg

Unfortunately the lighting washes out the mint color.
Online the Olive color looked more grey, which is what I wanted, but ended up being almost forest green. Oh well, the bag is effin sweet.

The center console is the biggest selling point over any other bag. I can wear a hoodie out to cold games and stash it once I warm up without sacrificing disc room. There is a pull-out rain cover that is concealed in the putter pocket. When out it uses Velcro and buckles to securely close. Craftsmanship is as good or better than my Revo Mini. Customer service is also very responsive. Questions were answered in a reasonable time, and a complementary nalgene Phenix logo water bottle was included.

I've had one of the Core bags for more than 3 years now - really it still looks just like the day I got it, sturdy as hell and really nice looking.

The best part for me about this bag is that I can keep my camera inside without worrying that water is going to seep up through the fabric like it did with my old Revo Carolina. The Rhyno-liner keeps it ultra dry no matter where you set it down.

I'll do it DGCR style :D :

Cons: Really the only problem I have with it generally is that the mini pocket isn't all that functional - I think that pretty much sums up the "cons" :thmbup:

Pros: Light, comfortable, Waterproof bottom (biggest pro), USABLE pockets (not some giant one on either side that doesn't separate stuff out, Front putter pocket that is big enough to fit 2 birdies, Waterbottle holders that will hold drinks without having them fall through the pocket.......you get the idea, I like the bag :clap:

Cons: Really the only problem I have with it generally is that the mini pocket isn't all that functional - I think that pretty much sums up the "cons" :thmbup:

I've read something that said there is a slot behind the mini pocket that will hold a mini in a little bit more functional manner.

thx, i just noticed the mini pocket on the outside too! dear diary...JACKPOT, mine is mostly brown, with a little charcoal and navy:hfive:

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 45
I really wanted to buy one of those but I have a VERY DEEP hatred for velcro and there is just too much on there for me. I am in therapy so maybe someday I will get one. But my Revo is pretty good too, so I will get over it. Sweet bags though. I really wanted a Syracuse blue/orange bag. DAMN! This would have been a good year to do it. Oh well, I'll just look at the pics of everyone else's.

ok, played my first round wit my phenix yesterday and thank god for the line-x on the bottom,there was still plenty of snow/slush/mud on the ground and it looked like my bag never touched it,the line-x isnt only on the bottom of the bag but it comes up the side a good 3 inches.Its a no brainer to put this stuff on a disc golf bag,it not only waterproofs but it keeps the four bottom corners (major stress points) on your bag protected.Bag was also comfortable and lighter than i expected with my full load of discs (about 22 discs.)

(side note): my friend that i played with had a REVO about 2 1/2 years old and the four bottom corners had quite a bit of ware, one corner had a little hole forming. needless to say he loved the line x on my bag lol , iam not trying to bash revo,but the phenix and the revo were my top choices and im glad i paid the xtra 40 bucks for my phenix with line x, thx kyle:hfive:

Anyone have any experience with these without the line-x liner?

Yeah my wife's streamline doesn't have the x-liner. No issues on the bottom thus far.

I should probably know this.

Bill, if you accidently set the bottom down in a shallow puddle, would it soak through right away with the liner.

Can't say its happened yet.

I took this for BroD but I suppose I can share, this is the bottom of the non-lined bag. She has about 70 rounds on it:

dsc075540.jpg