• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

anyone use the Phenix Core Bag?

right now it has 15 drivers/mids + 3 putters. I tried putting 10 drivers/mids in one side with no problem, so I would put the total bag capacity at 20 drivers/mids +2 putters in the putter pocket. If you really needed to, the middle pocket could hold another 4-5 disks too...

That seems really cool, but I would have to see one in person before I dropped that kind of money. The only thing that bothers me is the side pockets seem really shallow.

The blue tubing is a little bungie thingy i got at the grocery store that holds my shammy towel in place. It gives me the freedom to use the shammy while standing and the bag is on the ground, without fear of dropping it and leaving it behind.

Thanks.......you got it at a grocery store?

Thanks.......you got it at a grocery store?

yeah, it was in the 'back to school' section. There was a pack of 4 of the things in various colors for $1.50. One end has a little clip, bungie in the middle, and on the other side a key ring. Thought it would be perfect for my towel.

i would have to see the bag in person too, but man it seems sexy. can we get pics of the bottom?

Ummm....Solomon........I think you and your wife need to go hang a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the bedroom door if you get my drift.

You like that bag a little tooooooooooooo much.

Going to play at Sundance Trail Ranch ( http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1880 ) tomorrow, so I should get a real feel for how well this bag carries on a burly mountain course.

Excited to play the course, excited to get to carry my new bag, excited to play my first round with someone from DGCR (klay), and not very excited that my strained intercostal muscle is probably going to hurt like crazy after every throw.

So after lugging the fully loaded new bag around some fairly rough terrain, the thing that really stuck out in my mind was that I didn't really notice the bag at all. It sat so comfortably on my back that it was like it wasn't even there. I was carrying 19 discs, 2 full 32 oz water bottles, baseball, umbrella, towel, knife, sunscreen... fully loaded with everything you could possibly need, and it still felt light on my back.

I also really liked that I didn't have to worry too much about setting my bag down in horse poop because of the liner. This course is on a dude ranch, so it's not whether or not you set your bag down on horse poop, but rather, how old the horse poop you're setting your bag down is (the older the dryer).

Another thing that I noticed was that the umbrella I strapped to the bag via the included umbrella straps, doubles as a nice disc retention device. I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but when the umbrella is in place, the discs won't fall out when the bag is held upside down. It takes just the slightest extra pressure to pull discs out, or put them back in past the umbrella, and it actually made me feel my discs were more secure when setting the bag down on the side of a steep mountain.

Do you really have to undo the Velcro flap every time you want to pull out a mini? That seems like it would get annoying.

I usually keep my mini in the pocket of my shorts/pants anyway, so it hasn't bothered me. I just store extra minis in that pocket.

no you have a mini pocket in front and more room under the velcro. I keep one on top and the other under the Velcro flap

yeah, I just looked at my bag and there is another mini pocket just behind the the velcro flap so you can get to a mini without opening the pocket. Never really used it, or even noticed it before.

Hows the bag holding up so far? Anybody else using these bags? I'd like to see pictures of custom combos people have come up with.

Me too man, me too. I want to see how well some of the colors match the swatches on the site.

I emailed Phenix about seeing the colors better represented, and they emailed me back with a set of quadshock swatches. Not quite what I was looking for.

I got mine and have yet to play with it but this bag seems beefy as hell,i got a friend that referred me and he has one also. Its still in perfect shape after 4years of year round play. I will post pics of the bag if anyone is interested

I got mine and have yet to play with it but this bag seems beefy as hell,i got a friend that referred me and he has one also. Its still in perfect shape after 4years of year round play. I will post pics of the bag if anyone is interested

Please do!