• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Apps for disc golf

I use Disc caddy 2 for Android. Works better than I could have ever hoped. I've had instant feedback from the DEV. on issues. I also use Disc golf drive measure free to get a relative idea of the distances I throw.

Hey guys! I love to see that you've found Disc Caddy 2 and it seems some of you like it :) I say this because I am the developer of the app. I would like to hear if there is some things that you would like to see in the app.
Happy disc golfing!

I'm cheap, used Disc Golf Companion because it is free. Latest update is good too. You can manually add distances to each hole. Each hole has up to 3 pin positions allowed. During the game you can change what hole you are throwing to just by clicking on "Hole A" which then cycles through the list of holes and changes the distance.

Very cool, especially if you load the distances and information before you get to the course.

AND IT IS FREE!

Easy Scorecard is leagues above any iPhone DG app I've tried (haven't needed to try any other android ones). The PDGA would be wise to model their product after this if they want to have a truly great app. I have an iPhone now and this app is sorely missed.

Hey guys! I love to see that you've found Disc Caddy 2 and it seems some of you like it :) I say this because I am the developer of the app. I would like to hear if there is some things that you would like to see in the app.
Happy disc golfing!

I just bought it. Looks great so far.

I would love an app for TD'ing a mini. Something that could calculate payouts for different divisions at different entry fees and do bag tags as well.

For example we usually have 3 divisions with entry fees at $6/$8/$11 and payout the top 40% of the field rounded off to the nearest dollar. Then we do bag tags as 1 group because everybody plays from the same tee.

Last edited:
Happy disc golfing!

Not a big deal, but it would be great if we could add distances to holes!

I honestly can't think of anything that would make this app better! I love the statistics portion of the app.

Not a big deal, but it would be great if we could add distances to holes!

I would think, with it being connected to DGCR, if the distance is on the course, it should be in the app.

I'm using Disc Caddy I and my biggest issue is having to enter the course info manually. But if the correct distances are not in DCII, not sure I'd want to spring the $2--I'm cheap and run from paper boys everywhere.

What I'd want in DCII to make me buy it would be the ability to tell it what tee and basket position I'm shooting to. And a built in handicapper that updated automatically as it built up data.

Thanks for the input guys. The distances is something that I've been goofing around with for a while. I made a prototype that allows me to mark every shot with gps. When I arrive to a hole I see how I have performed before and get a hint what are the more troublesome areas which I should try to avoid and from where to score well. It's a bit troublesome though as I have to mess with the phone after every throw and I am not sure if people would even like such a feature. What I like about it is that I can see my distance from tee (how long was my drive) and how far the basket is. It's not always so easy to estimate the distance especially if the basket is behind something.

I will look into making some kind of calculator for payouts and handicap. I don't use either of these so they won't be on the top of my todo-list though.

Thanks again for help!

Thanks for the input guys. The distances is something that I've been goofing around with for a while. I made a prototype that allows me to mark every shot with gps. When I arrive to a hole I see how I have performed before and get a hint what are the more troublesome areas which I should try to avoid and from where to score well. It's a bit troublesome though as I have to mess with the phone after every throw and I am not sure if people would even like such a feature. What I like about it is that I can see my distance from tee (how long was my drive) and how far the basket is. It's not always so easy to estimate the distance especially if the basket is behind something.

I will look into making some kind of calculator for payouts and handicap. I don't use either of these so they won't be on the top of my todo-list though.

Thanks again for help!

I'm still using the regular Disc Caddy instead of the update because I like it for the simplicity. I'm not fond of apps that use contact list access, but I know yours won't misuse that data...don't have a use for it, though. It's been nice to have such a simple, easy app to keep basic score with a little customization.

I wouldn't fool with GPS distance. Thus far there isn't a phone that can do it consistently or accurately because of limitations in satellite reception. I think max accuracy is within 15', but the norm is 30' and it can quickly vary between 30'-90' depending on the number of active satellite locks and/or wifi locks available. Since disc golfers are on the move and often in the trees, it just doesn't work as well as it could anyway. I've been using Birdie Golf as an easy access to google maps for distance and it's fairly accurate within a meter or three as long as you have a good view of your marking points.

Thanks for taking the time to make your app and sharing it for free! I hope I can continue to use the original one as is. It's definitely been my favorite for casual play where I don't need the extras that are in Easy Scorecard, etc.

Have to agree with the others on Discasaurus. Played a new course today, it found it in the online database no prob. Scoring is dead simple, easy to do while walking to next tee - no finger aiming required, which is genius. Wish it tied into DGCR though :)

I own a few others, and this one just makes it so simple to do everything compared to the others.

Definitely discasaurus, just a quick touch and you can input the score. Makes life quite simple

Bummer, Disc Caddy 2 is now 1.99. I'm gonna break the bank! :)

I just downloaded Disc Caddy Free and Easy Scorecard Free to test them out next time I play a round.

The distances is something that I've been goofing around with for a while. I made a prototype that allows me to mark every shot with gps. When I arrive to a hole I see how I have performed before and get a hint what are the more troublesome areas which I should try to avoid and from where to score well. It's a bit troublesome though as I have to mess with the phone after every throw and I am not sure if people would even like such a feature. What I like about it is that I can see my distance from tee (how long was my drive) and how far the basket is. It's not always so easy to estimate the distance especially if the basket is behind something.
My home course moves the baskets around, some holes have more than one basket and every hole has two tee positions. I'd really like to be able to tell it what tee and basket position I'm playing. I think there is only one hole that the par actually changes based on basket/tee, but it would be useful for tracking tricky holes, etc..

I realize this is a hobby for you, but your not supposed to tell your customers things they want aren't high on your list. ;)

I wouldn't fool with GPS distance. Thus far there isn't a phone that can do it consistently or accurately because of limitations in satellite reception. I think max accuracy is within 15', but the norm is 30' and it can quickly vary between 30'-90' depending on the number of active satellite locks and/or wifi locks available. Since disc golfers are on the move and often in the trees, it just doesn't work as well as it could anyway. I've been using Birdie Golf as an easy access to google maps for distance and it's fairly accurate within a meter or three as long as you have a good view of your marking points.
You are right. GPS in phones is pretty bad in general. Especially tracking my putts was pretty much impossible. It would have been quite cool to give percentage of how likely I am going to hit the chains though. I would say the information after first drive wasn't as meaningless (all par 3's in my home course).

Thanks for taking the time to make your app and sharing it for free! I hope I can continue to use the original one as is. It's definitely been my favorite for casual play where I don't need the extras that are in Easy Scorecard, etc.
I am not planning to limit the original one in any way. However if you enjoy the original one much, there is nice additional features in Disc Caddy 2 ;)

I'm still using the regular Disc Caddy instead of the update because I like it for the simplicity. I'm not fond of apps that use contact list access, but I know yours won't misuse that data...don't have a use for it, though. It's been nice to have such a simple, easy app to keep basic score with a little customization.
I assure you contact-data isn't used for anything funny. It's there because it allows you to import player names directly from contacts. I believe less typing with touch-screen makes my day better.

Happy disc golfing!

Hey aksu, thanks for all your hard work... I've recently switched from EasyScorecard to your DiscCaddy2 and love it (esp. the graphics in the statistics portion)... a couple suggestions:
1. One thing i liked about about EasyScorecard is that it can tap in to GPS and collect weather conditions which show up on your scorecard. That's a nice feature to have.
2. Is there any chance of being able to sync with DGCourseReview in the future to automatically upload to your DGCR Scorebook?
Thanks and keep at it! :)