• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Aries

Just picked up one of these Aries today @ Academy (had a gift card)
Really dig the plastic (super feel) and the heaviest one they had was in this line green color, which I kinda like
Hope to throw it this weekend, will let you know how it throws (rolls?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 52
i've bagged this disc now and it is seriously one hell of a disc. it's got a predictable turn that is smooth and not flippy, a ton of glide. more people should check it out.

This disc bombs, and the distance is so easy. Plus, it's only an 11 speed disc. I wonder why more people aren't talking about it?

It's more of an roller for me. Or crazy tailwind driver. It didn't make the bag but I still love that Millennium plastic!

I gotta say, I haven't tried many of them so my sample size is small, but I'm actually having trouble getting my second aries to flip. Bought one and it was like many of you described, super flippy basically a roller. Bought a second one after I lost the first one to a lake and I'm actually having trouble getting this one to fly as understable as i was hoping. I'm sure it's possible that I could have gotten an anomaly, but just wanted to let everyone know that there are still some inconsistencies.

Wow, got out in a field and tried one of these today that I picked up in a recent trade. Love this disc. So easy to throw far - tons of glide. It definitely has some turn but comes back to center at the end. Reminds me of a Renegade (that's a good thing). Why does no one throw these or talk about them?

I got one for Christmas that I can't get into. I haven't thrown it much yet but it's been about as flippy as my Fuzion Renegade, which started being perfect but has lost its fade so I don't bag it anymore. I find myself wishing this was a champ Tern, which I know will fade (but I lost).

I got one for Christmas that I can't get into. I haven't thrown it much yet but it's been about as flippy as my Fuzion Renegade, which started being perfect but has lost its fade so I don't bag it anymore. I find myself wishing this was a champ Tern, which I know will fade (but I lost).

Is your Aries, really flexible? Or stiffer plastic?

it's definitely a disc you can't power in to, if you just back off and throw it smooth on some hyzer you can get some really awesome lines out of it.

it's definitely a disc you can't power in to, if you just back off and throw it smooth on some hyzer you can get some really awesome lines out of it.

I agree, for me, it seems the harder I throw it, the less far it will go.
The best thing about it for me is the color; that lime green really stands out in the field! It is über eye catching.

Thinking about buying myself an Aries. Been trying lock down the max distance hyzer flip BH driver for a while now. Pretty sure a 170g+ Aries shouldn't be flippy and able to handle my BH and hold straight in reasonable wind.

Just trying to give this thread a bump to see if anyone using the Aries can chime in here about how it's been flying.

just got one of these can't tell the difference in the hand from an astra. how does the flight compare.

What the similarities and differences between the Aries and Axiom Vanish?

mine flies more like a beast then a mamba. very straight flier at my arm speed.

The Aries is an X winged Mamba from what I understand

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

anyone still using these? got a lightweight one in the last 2 months and im really liking it. You have to power down but still get lots of distance and a nice understable flight

When I was first starting out and throwing around 270 feet, I was rocking 2 ~160g Sirius Aries in my bag. They flew great and were my workhorse distance drivers. The plastic felt really gummy and amazing too.

i started using them for recently for maybe +-250ft shots moving to the right at half power. I dont think ii could throw it as a main driver, but as a fairway/mid, its much better.

Back in those days I was throwing everything slightly nose up and slightly hyzer so they were nice and straight with decent fade at the end. Now I have a Roadrunner for that powered down rightward drifter.