• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arroyo Disc Golf Basket

People are gonna start getting alot more ace's and birds with these.
Dgcr member: " just hit a sick ace on a 150ft hole"
Reply: "nice job, what disc was it?"
Dgcr member: " it was a champ ape, threw it as hard as i could"
Reply: " oh, u must of been playin a course with arroyo baskets?..."
Dgcr member: "GUILTY!!!! Lol"
Reply: " doesnt count"

Let me be the first to coin the phrase " ARROYO ACE "

yes! dgcr is gonna need to allow more signature space. now if this basket could find and return lost discs, the extra space wouldn't be needed.

"Perfect putt and it doesn't go in" "Any other sport, when you do something perfect, it counts." Wrong, You didn't throw it perfect if it spit out, you threw it too hard. Just like in ball golf, if you putt to hard it will roll right over the hole.

"Perfect putt and it doesn't go in" "Any other sport, when you do something perfect, it counts." Wrong, You didn't throw it perfect if it spit out, you threw it too hard. Just like in ball golf, if you putt to hard it will roll right over the hole.

Watch 6:45 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ady6LhPxAug&feature=feedu

And also tell me that you really think that the two spit putts in the Crabtree video really were bad enough they should have spit.

Perfect shots don't make it in 100% of the time in Disc Golf.. Ill have to agree.

What Im saying is that what he did was the Best possible way to get it in the basket but that didn't end up mattering.

Step 1 watch the video
Step 2 - What could he have done any better?

What Im saying is that what he did was the Best possible way to get it in the basket but that didn't end up mattering.

Step 1 watch the video
Step 2 - What could he have done any better?

Shut up, I'm not saying I'm better than him. A disc can be put in the basket from wherever you are. There's nothing wrong with the current basket.

Shut up, I'm not saying I'm better than him. A disc can be put in the basket from wherever you are. There's nothing wrong with the current basket.

That was pretty hostile. I think the majority of players would disagree with your assertation that there is nothing wrong with spit-outs on the current designs of baskets. There will be some that agree with you, but I think that would be the minority.

Good demo using that Doss putt....that was ideal speed, hit dead center chains and flopped out. Should have stayed in.

Spit outs are part of the game. It will be interesting to see where the technology goes from here. Aroyo is trying to take spit outs out of the game and I like it

will these baskets be available in custom colors kinda like what disc king offers?

Yes. We can powder coat them in almost any color you could possibly want. I think we might even be able to do gradient colors, but I'll have to check on that.

I guess my real issue is not with the innovation of the "better" basket, just that not every course will have them. Would having/not having the baskets have any impact on PDGA related events.

BTW that Doss put should have stuck.

I guess my real issue is not with the innovation of the "better" basket, just that not every course will have them. Would having/not having the baskets have any impact on PDGA related events.

BTW that Doss put should have stuck.

No, it won't. The Vortex will meet the same championship standards as the Discatcher, Mach V, and Chainstar... meaning it can be used for every level of event, even NT. We expect scores played on courses with the Vortex to be slightly lower, but this will not adversely effect PDGA ratings on rounds played because each round is relative to the field and the SSA of the round.

maybe this has been said already (I stopped at pg 7), but an innovation in the design of the chains is parallel to adding a second row of chains (not sure when that first happened). I played a course with Gateway Titans for the first time, and it took a few putts to adjust to the 3 chains and what I perceived to be a deeper tray (maybe its just me). Not all courses are going to adopt one basket as the norm - different courses will have different baskets and just like playing in different climates/terrains, the player will have to adjust his personal game. Its just one more facet of the course to manage IMO.

I personally can't wait to try one.

Love New Technology

Could new basket technology ruin, or change, the sport? Ruin? No. Change? I hope so! IMHO...if you hit the center of the chains, the target should do what it is supposed to do...catch the disc in the basket. Equipment should do what it is supposed to do on a constant basis, no variables. Variables should only exist outside of the basket...IE: wind, trees, your throw...But once it enters the center of the chains, I firmly believe the person putting should be rewarded. No variables after it enters the chains.

And how about this shot from Yahoo Sports! Exactly what we want the world to see, huh? I wonder if they still run photos of tennis players using wooden rackets?
89693170.jpg

Putting too hard

I just went back and read a few posts from those who think that a putt spitting out is the fault of the putter putting it too hard. "not a perfect putt"...well, how about this for a counter-point.

At the 2010 Memorial, I played my first round of the AM Advanced Trny with a guy who threw 3 putts through the chains. 3 in one round of 18, and each putt was dead on in the chains. Bad putts? No way! The wind was howling across the Fountain Hills Course that day and the middle 12 holes were a pain to putt because of the swirling winds. This guy was able to putt into (and across) the wind and hit dead center chains, but was punished for his accuracy and putting skills because the conditions on the course demanded a more powerful putt from 20'-30'. I truly believe that. Amazing shots that ended with disappointment. It shouldn't be that way.