• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Artist wanted for a tire rim dye

hangwind

Eagle Member
I would like to set up a Star Roadrunner (white) with a low profile tire and racing rim dye. That would be a two color dye, black for the tire, grey for the rim. I would like some detail for the tire (tire name and shoulder tread) and a nice rendition for the rim.

This will be my roller disc and my first dye in my bag.

If you can do this no problem, please send me a PM with a URL with the work that you have already done. I will buy the disc or you can but I want a certain weight.

Thanks in advance.

It would behoove you to supply some sort of image, at least of the wheel. Also, you might want to go all out and get the brake caliper and rotor behind the wheel. I suggest Brembo-they make great braking systems.

I will supply the disc or I'm not beyond the artist picking one out if I supply the make, model and weight.

I'm a Porsche fan and the stock brake systems are just fine. If you have ever put on the brakes above say, 130 or so, you know what I mean... So yes, the disc and caliper (red) would probably be cool.

Below are the rims and wheels.

The rims have just been made and are going through QA and the tires are on order from Discount. They are going on a 911 (turbo)

http://www.hrewheels.com/p40s/

http://www.michelinman.com/ps2zp/

I think that would be kick ass to have a roller disc with your wheel.

Attachments

• turbo.jpg
    turbo.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 107
hre_p40s_gs_ci3_l.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I would have had brakes on my white Star Roadrunner I lost in the leaves at Water Works last week...My bad but maybe the brakes would have helped... I just returned a 2x Champion Beast I found while looking for mine... It was a guys Ace disc that he had marked for hole #3,, He sure was happy to hear from me... I hoping for some good karma my road runner was just getting the good feel to it.( alright dude that found it please call now)...

Awesome Idea for the dye on a Roadrunner.... be sure and post up some pics when it gets finished

Got the tires and rims mounted, clear white Monarch in hand...

This disc is going to the dyiers really soon...

Here is a couple of images of the car and the wheels.

I'm thinking you got it with this, I can take more.

Porsche calipers, you will want to do the Porsche on the backside backwards if you know what I'm getting at...

Let's use this thread to show how the process goes with this, cool?

You have the pictures, links to source and I am at your disposal. You are in good recommends with someone that I respect.

I'll send out the disc Monday or Tuesday.

Take your time, I am not in a hurry and I am sure to be happy with your work.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 69
Wish I would have had brakes on my white Star Roadrunner I lost in the leaves at Water Works last week...My bad but maybe the brakes would have helped... I just returned a 2x Champion Beast I found while looking for mine... It was a guys Ace disc that he had marked for hole #3,, He sure was happy to hear from me... I hoping for some good karma my road runner was just getting the good feel to it.( alright dude that found it please call now)...

Awesome Idea for the dye on a Roadrunner.... be sure and post up some pics when it gets finished

Very cool.

I could not find the disc I wanted in that clear but I did find a good Monarch in whitish clear that looks like it will show the disc/caliper through it.

This project may take more than one disc to get to it or maybe we will nail it.

I've been forehanding some great rollers, I used to dismiss this shot, now it is in my bag to use as I see fit.

Thank you for chiming in, far as I'm concerned, I'll detail this project and try to get a good movie of it rollin rollin rollin.

It is not mine although I drive it. I am 50, my friend who owns it, he and I have been friends for 35 years, old surf/skate buddies. We have always had Porsche's in the family and I am saving for a Boxster S. The 911 turbo and a Cayman S is what I have the most time behind the wheel.

I have lost my nerve after a lifetime of hang gliding, now I fly low, fast...

We drive the absolute hell out of this car, from 45 - 80mph is where it absolutely pulls so hard, beyond that, it's a jet taking off, the wheel is as smooth at 150 (and beyond) as it is at 20.

But the disc?

I'm going to use that disc, I use all my discs or they don't stay in my bag.

I forgot to say thank you because I am so wrapped up in myself.

I just get excited about Porsche and disc golf, I'm sure you understand.

Awesome, I can't wait to get started on this disc once it shows up. Sweet looking ride and rims as well. Do you think you could get a close up picture of the badge in the center of the rim and possibly a picture of the tire that's a little lighter? I want to make sure I get the details right and can't quite see enough of the tire details and center badge.