• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviarx3

DX aside, I recommend any Star AX3 you can get your hands on. Expect gummy star with a puddle top.

Throws plenty S/OS and slots right under a Mortar if you are looking for something with a little less speed and ground play for touchy FH ups. Less OS than a Harp, slower than a Zone. On the other hand, less versatile than a Zone or Harp as well possibly in the sense that it's not filling that super OS tweener category. I haven't thrown them backhand much but as long as you're not expecting distance, these will go straight and then fade with the best of them.

DX aside, I recommend any Star AX3 you can get your hands on. Expect gummy star with a puddle top.

Throws plenty S/OS and slots right under a Mortar if you are looking for something with a little less speed and ground play for touchy FH ups. Less OS than a Harp, slower than a Zone. On the other hand, less versatile than a Zone or Harp as well possibly in the sense that it's not filling that super OS tweener category. I haven't thrown them backhand much but as long as you're not expecting distance, these will go straight and then fade with the best of them.

I second this. The odd thing is that I have an S-Line P3x and the plastic is very firm. I have both because I prefer a bead for backhands but not for forehands. I'm a little surprised in the difference in firmness considering they are both relatively new molds.

I also picked up a champ glow AX3 and it was beyond puddle top, more like a cereal bowl. It flies great, but it's so sunken that I really can't fathom it not being warped in shipping.

I second this. The odd thing is that I have an S-Line P3x and the plastic is very firm. I have both because I prefer a bead for backhands but not for forehands. I'm a little surprised in the difference in firmness considering they are both relatively new molds.

I also picked up a champ glow AX3 and it was beyond puddle top, more like a cereal bowl. It flies great, but it's so sunken that I really can't fathom it not being warped in shipping.

Word. Sounds like they are really committed to this crazy puddle top thing. Pics? How firm is the champ?

I have two of the Proto Star runs, 3 of the stock stamp Stars, 3 Lusters, and 3 Color Glow Champ- only one of the Luster is puddle top, the rest are all board flat.

I'm currently bagging a proto that I've been throwing since they released and a CG. The proto will still flex out of an anny release, but I can get it to hold a turn on a really torqued forehand. The CG is overstable enough that it will flex out of almost any release angle and hyzer to the ground. Because of that I can push it a little further than the star on a forehand flex line, which is where I'm mainly using it.

Word. Sounds like they are really committed to this crazy puddle top thing. Pics? How firm is the champ?

I don't have a pic handy right now, but the color glow champ is pretty flexible. I've felt the crowned eagle MD3 in glow champ and it's more flexible than that. Closest comparison to its firmness is probably an S-Line P2, but with a slightly more firm flight plate.

I like my AX3 but love the Luster plastics. . .i see that Infinite have Luster Aviar 3 in stock.

But how does the Luster Aviar 3 fly vs the Star AX3 ?

So with one Star and one Luster Aviar3 you get a wide spectrum from stable to OS in one mould. . . easier than beating a AX3 to stable and having one new OS

I bought a Star AX3 last fall & it was softer than a lot of G* I've held. I liked the shape of the mold but hated the plastic. Wondering if this was a lemon or if all Star AX3's are like this?

I bought a Star AX3 last fall & it was softer than a lot of G* I've held. I liked the shape of the mold but hated the plastic. Wondering if this was a lemon or if all Star AX3's are like this?

My two Star AviarX3s (one of them a first-run proto-star stamp) feel like normal Star plastic, not soft like GStar. I don't know i more recent AvairX3 runs are softer than the early ones, so I don't know if yours is an aberration or not...

Got a luster aviarx3 and it's way beefier than I expected. Feels like a zone and a berg had a baby. Very little glide and won't go far even when powered up.

interesting, really like the Luster plastic . . .a Luster AX3 whould be nice, but maybe that would be TO OS

There is no such thing. Some would LOVE an even more OS AvX3.

So with one Star and one Luster Aviar3 you get a wide spectrum from stable to OS in one mould. . . easier than beating a AX3 to stable and having one new OS

Or just bag an Aviar3 and AviarX3. :thmbup: :popcorn:

Anyone thrown a Pa1 & an AX3. Would like a comparison from someone that's thrown both.

Just tested out a stock star, puddle top glow and Luster AviarX3. I've been using the Star for BH around 225 and in. Just got the Luster and it is def more OS than Star. I think I will use both Star and Luster for OS putter shots. The Star for BHs and Luster for FH and most OS lines. I would say it's like a 3.5 ish fade than the stars 3. I still use the bullfrog for straight shots. But the Luster feels great in the hand and I love the low profile. I'll use the glow as a back up since it's close to luster stability.