• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

Threw my Craves today, all they are is a Servo with less fade. I like them but not sure which one to bag, im leaning to the servo for the extra fade because it will give me a little more control/predictability.

I got my first throws in with my new Craves today: a 166 Neutron and a 175 Watermelon.

It's almost exactly what I'd hoped it'd be: a bit more stable version of the River, although the glide isn't as absurd (though more than adequate). I'm just getting back to throwing after ~5 weeks off due to a shoulder injury, so I don't feel back into the swing of things enough yet to really gauge its capabilities. I can get it to turn on a hard flat throw on throws over 325', but it seems to hyzer flip to flat quite easily, especially if I back off the power slightly. I'm really excited for this one.

It'll take some time to see but I'm feeling like it'll replace both the River and the Stag in the bag, as it sits right between them. That way I can go Opto Saint Pro for wind and hyzer shots, GL Saint Pro for line shaping, and the Crave for straight shots, tight S curves, and annys, with the Underworld for utility understable (rollers, etc). Could be really nice, and certainly less cluttered than my present lineup.

As an aside, the smaller diameter matches the feel of the Saint Pro much more nicely than the River does.

I'm really excited about this disc. Its ability to lock into a straight flight from a hyzer flip reminds me of the Tangent. I got some awesomely straight shots off with it today. I can see the potential once I spend some more time with it.

On the downside, my orange core and blue rim from Community wasn't as pastel-y as I'd hoped for. Next time I'll ask Justin about it before I buy.

I threw my new Crave yesterday in pretty calm conditions. i really like this disc. in4d pretty much summed it up by saying its a Servo with less fade at the end. i was hitting some tight fairway lines with it all day. stayed straight with a little fade at the end. I really like it.

Is anyone else getting pretty much the exact same distance with the crave as they are with a volt? My eclipse volt and my watermelon crave usually land within 10-15' of each other and go back and forth on which is farther. The watermelon crave is crazy straight. Parked a 402' dead straight hole and then threw it with some forced anny yesterday on a 350' dogleg right and put it 20' out...it flew so beautifully.

Until reading this thread I was looking to replace my N Volt that has gotten flippy and US (more than my Amp!). Now I'm wondering if I should get this, instead, especially since it is available in lighter weights than the Volt.

Until reading this thread I was looking to replace my N Volt that has gotten flippy and US (more than my Amp!). Now I'm wondering if I should get this, instead, especially since it is available in lighter weights than the Volt.

To answer this simply-- Yes. That's about how I am using it.

Yep. It reminds me a LOT of the old Lat.64 jesper strikers when first released or a seasoned DX teebird in premi plastic.

Is anyone else getting pretty much the exact same distance with the crave as they are with a volt? My eclipse volt and my watermelon crave usually land within 10-15' of each other and go back and forth on which is farther. The watermelon crave is crazy straight. Parked a 402' dead straight hole and then threw it with some forced anny yesterday on a 350' dogleg right and put it 20' out...it flew so beautifully.

The Crave is a Volt. I cannot tell the difference between the two other than color/markings. Stacked up they are the same outer diameter. Side by side the profile and plh are identical. After about two dozen throws with each, they fly the same for me both backhand and forehand. Sometimes the Crave will go a tad longer, sometimes the Volt. Both have the same gentle amount of turn and moderate late fade.

Nice disc, entirely overlaps with the Volt IMO. Pick which one you think looks best, bag it and leave the other on the shelf as a backup.

The Crave is a Volt. I cannot tell the difference between the two other than color/markings. Stacked up they are the same outer diameter. Side by side the profile and plh are identical. After about two dozen throws with each, they fly the same for me both backhand and forehand. Sometimes the Crave will go a tad longer, sometimes the Volt. Both have the same gentle amount of turn and moderate late fade.

Nice disc, entirely overlaps with the Volt IMO. Pick which one you think looks best, bag it and leave the other on the shelf as a backup.

I haven't thrown the Volt a ton, but the Crave definitely has more turn and less fade for my ~350' of power. They were pretty distinct in my hands.

Volt = Speed 9
Crave = Speed 7

Your throwing your Crave farther than your Volt.

How far can you throw a disc?

Speeds 7 vs 9... why most people are just fine throwing discs like a Teebird before they can break 400' Without that kind of power you wont find a ton of difference in models which already are very close and designed to be complimentary to others.

A destroyer also flies like a xcal if you cant get either up to speed but they are different discs.

Volt = Speed 9
Crave = Speed 7

I throw ESP forces for my DD and average 450'-475'. I honestly see the crave pushing the volt out of my bag. I dig the smaller rim on the crave for some reason. I will have to take a video of some field work the next time I'm out.

Volt = Speed 9
Crave = Speed 7

Where are you getting these numbers from? Last I checked MVP didn't give numerical flight ratings on their website.

Try going out and throwing the Volt and Crave side by side and then come back and give your experience.

Where are you getting these numbers from? Last I checked MVP didn't give numerical flight ratings on their website.

Try going out and throwing the Volt and Crave side by side and then come back and give your experience.

Calm down...I know its in4d but hes right :p rim width' 17mm vs 19mm esstentially = 7 vs 9 speed

There is a notiable difference in the 2 discs speed. Crave is much easier to control powered down and does not have the LSS of a volt at < 300'

Im getting these speed numbers from sites like communitydiscs and also by comparing the measurements to other discs of the same speed on the PDGA spreadsheet as well as based on my experience with other brands discs.. i could go on but you get the idea.

I have thrown the Volt since it was released, and i have 6 craves that i have field tested along side the volt. The volt is longer than the crave no question about it..

The Volt is more over-stable than the crave, on top of the higher speed i think that's why your seeing more distance out of the crave.

Bottom line, the Volt does have more distance potential.

I throw ESP forces for my DD and average 450'-475'. I honestly see the crave pushing the volt out of my bag. I dig the smaller rim on the crave for some reason. I will have to take a video of some field work the next time I'm out.

at those distances I think it would be pretty obvious the separation in the 2 discs. While they are similar the crave is like a seasoned volt really considering how stable the newest volts come out. Crave benefits from the newer molding tech with enhanced gyro and large separation of weights.