• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

the overmolds in these new models are FAT. people who doubt gyro are about to wake up real soon when throwing this new ish. Volt needs more snap to fly well than the crave does.

Im getting these speed numbers from sites like communitydiscs and also by comparing the measurements to other discs of the same speed on the PDGA spreadsheet as well as based on my experience with other brands discs.. i could go on but you get the idea.

I have thrown the Volt since it was released, and i have 6 craves that i have field tested along side the volt. The volt is longer than the crave no question about it..

The Volt is more over-stable than the crave, on top of the higher speed i think that's why your seeing more distance out of the crave.

Bottom line, the Volt does have more distance potential.

:thmbup:

I think axiom eventually will be filling in the gaps between the mvp drivers. Like how the crave is supposed to fit in between the switch and servo

I think axiom eventually will be filling in the gaps between the mvp drivers. Like how the crave is supposed to fit in between the switch and servo

I was thinking the same thing! imagine a disc between the Volt and Amp :D

They will describe it as a beat in Volt.. perfect

I honestly think I got a freak crave haha the volt definitely has more distance potential but a large majority of the time I find myself getting similar distance. Speed is not the only thing to determine how far a disc is going to fly. The crave has more glide which I believe also helps it keep up with the volt. I'm also throwing max weight in both volt and crave.

Just chiming in on my brief experience with this disc. A buddy of mine picked it up and I was able to give it a few throws. I'm recovering from an injury so I can't throw too hard, but at about 50-60% power (320-340ft distance) this disc is quite stable. Whatever angle I release it at, it holds. Slight fade at the end, but nothing big. Threw it flat, it held flat. Threw it hyzer, it held hyzer. Definitely a different flight from what I'm used to. Wouldn't mind trying to give it more power when I heal up.

skizzle i find the crave easy to get good distance with out of the box also, depends if you have a beat in volt that flies very straight with forward fade like the crave does, then you get a better comparison than with a beefy fresh volt that's harder to keep on a straight line as long.

Yeah the volt I have in the bag right now is a basically new eclipse. I have two early run volts that I hung up when the crave came out.

I honestly think I got a freak crave haha

Haha, I think I got one of those too!

Actually I think the Craves are longer than their speed/rim width may suggest. It's the glide on them. They just keep going to sneak out more distance.

Is anyone else getting pretty much the exact same distance with the crave as they are with a volt?

Not I. I throw with a bit of natural hyzer, unless I power the crave all the way up, it fades early for me. It seems to be almost as overstable as my Avenger.

My Eclipse Volt is on rails, holds a perfect line. I was so excited about the Crave, but I am finding it I am using it as a headwind disc. Perhaps I need to throw it more to get a feel for it, but I have a Switch for when I am trying to get distance with a Crave speed disc.

Last edited:
Avenger is not overstable-- this is the issue with DG forums lol.

Oh well' CRAVE IS A DAMN DX TEEBIRD IN PREMIUM PLASTIC OR OLD FR STIKER.

Avenger is not overstable-- this is the issue with DG forums lol.

Oh well' CRAVE IS A DAMN DX TEEBIRD IN PREMIUM PLASTIC OR OLD FR STIKER.

YES!!! And a DX teebird is a great thing. I am so impressed at the lines this thing will hold. It sort of snuck in under the radar with the inertia release, but this should be a great disc for a lot of people's bags.

lol screw it, i have been throwing my melon crave, wouldn't have bought it otherwise. I did buy a few extras for backup though.

The inFlight guide has the Avenger rated with a fade of 61% with only a turn of -3%. That is a net 58%, that is WAY overstable. Perhaps you are speaking of a Avenger SS?

I could give a crap less about what the flight guides say. Not trying to be rude but looking at it with a real sense. When I throw the flick I know its a overstable disc but as for the avenger well its far from that.

Latest posts