• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

Resistor/Banshee comparison is a pretty good one. While the Resistor is crazy HSS, I feel that it flies straighter longer and finishes with less fade on a hard flat throw than the Banshee. If you don't get the right level of snap, though, it'll fade like crazy. I love it.

Is the disc comparable to a P-PD?

I would say it's a bit shorter in flight. It's more of a high quality soft fading fairways that offers a lot of control with good accuracy. Slightly seasoned DX Teebird has been a good comparison.

I would say it's a bit shorter in flight. It's more of a high quality soft fading fairways that offers a lot of control with good accuracy. Slightly seasoned DX Teebird has been a good comparison.

No turn and burn? I got a FR Volt that was turn and burn. I'm assuming that it is not due to the feedback. I'm thinking about getting some once the proton is released.

No turn and burn? I got a FR Volt that was turn and burn. I'm assuming that it is not due to the feedback. I'm thinking about getting some once the proton is released.

At 325'-350' of power these'll lock into a straight line with a mild hyzer release for me. I can make them turn and not really come back if thrown completely flat with that kind of power, but they haven't threatened to turn into a roller yet.

At 325'-350' of power these'll lock into a straight line with a mild hyzer release for me. I can make them turn and not really come back if thrown completely flat with that kind of power, but they haven't threatened to turn into a roller yet.

I would agree with this. They aren't a touchy disc or particularly understable. They hold lines well, and are essentially a good, quality, speed 7ish fairway driver

How well do they respond on lower lines? I'm assuming they do well on 380-400 ft. holes based on Mike's videos. Granted, he airs them out more.

Blue and Red Sparkle w/ White Rims!

:hfive: I had 4 155g 2 red and 2 blue -- you might be on to something!

2014_03_24_12_56_16_503_1.jpg

Last edited:
Proton crave is officially become the old flat strikers I loved. stupid workable but HSS and tons of "glide" -- these seriously BOMB'

GREAT release. IMO this is up there with the volt and Ion for MVP.

I am totally with you Aim. Crave has kicked both an older flat GL Stryker and a beat GL River out of my bag.

I am totally with you Aim. Crave has kicked both an older flat GL Stryker and a beat GL River out of my bag.

:hfive:

I never jived with the river. It gets lots of hype here but really found lots of variance between models and when Lat. became the euronnova... lol'

The crave will hold a much more consistent turn but also responds to a hyzer release better and holds up to winds very well. It has a very blunt wing edge for a disc with such nice glide and distance potential.

How well do they respond on lower lines? I'm assuming they do well on 380-400 ft. holes based on Mike's videos. Granted, he airs them out more.

They've enough glide and turn to hang in the air on low lines well relative to their speed, in my experience. They definitely seem to "sit" in the air for a tick or two longer than you think they will.

:hfive:

I never jived with the river. It gets lots of hype here but really found lots of variance between models and when Lat. became the euronnova... lol'

The crave will hold a much more consistent turn but also responds to a hyzer release better and holds up to winds very well. It has a very blunt wing edge for a disc with such nice glide and distance potential.

I loved the River when I threw 300'. Now that I throw 350'+, it's too inconsistent for me. The Crave has been the perfect replacement: it's crazy workable, as you said - I hit some lines with it today that I never anticipated, including some big annys where it fought out reliably enough to S back to flat - and HSS enough to be reliable. The biggest difficulty I'm having in dialing them in is learning to trust that they can take some extra power.

You just spoke my beef...solid!. I have a few Rivers (perhaps far to many) to come up with two that are good and consistent. Still those two do not like the wind at all.

You just spoke my beef...solid!. I have a few Rivers (perhaps far to many) to come up with two that are good and consistent. Still those two do not like the wind at all.

I really tried to like the river as a person who threw all latitude at one time and the striker (FR/old mold pre dome) might be my favorite disc ever. The crave is the only thing which has even come close to actually replacing it as far a comfort in feel and reliability in flight.

Rivers are just all over the place I has GL and opto but like a Innova Leopard you need the "one" to fly like "you" want which is never a good thing IMO for the everyday disc golfer unless you throw baseline plastics which I have never really been too found of. I suspect this disc getting a lot more love over the next few months. It is a hell of a mold!