• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Crave VS Mvp Volt

I was mostly kidding. Though the 1 time I threw my Crave 350' it flew laser straight. Injury has taken some of my distance so nowadays I only get it about 300'

I was mostly kidding. Though the 1 time I threw my Crave 350' it flew laser straight. Injury has taken some of my distance so nowadays I only get it about 300'

When I got to the point that I was getting 350 from a Crave, it was only Protons, which some are saying are a bit more turny than the Ns. I haven't thrown an N for a while, so I won't claim my experience is the end of the story.

My P Crave is 153, so I tend to get it a little further out than my 165 N and Plasma. But honestly not by much.

I have decided today after some field training, I will run with:

US: Proton Inspire
Straight / slight fade: Plasma Crave Crave and Neutron Crave.
Straight with more fade: Proton Volt

Now we just have to practice a lot and dont think too much. Must give this a chance :clap::)

That's a good line-up.

From a new Crave I typically only see turn past 350-375', and its very mild. It can easily fly straight to fade lines with a little hyzer, or hold a hyzer release to the ground thrown with a steeper angle.

I think its the best driver with an overmold personally.

For the distance range OP mentioned I have just one mold: the Volt.
FR Volt for US (can be substituted w/ a light fission or a Plasma Amp though not the same mold)
Plasma Volt when a little turn and milder fade is needed
Eclipse Volt for straight to fade shots (I power down Photons if more fade is needed)

I found the Volt to cover a lot of lines with different plastic options (and now more to come) with no cycling needed. Not saying the Crave is somehow inferior, but my core set up with Relay/insert_RelayOS/Resistor ->Volts -> Photon/Defy -> Octanes/Nitro kind of makes the Crave redundant. Just a personal preference, of course.

That's a good line-up.

From a new Crave I typically only see turn past 350-375', and its very mild. It can easily fly straight to fade lines with a little hyzer, or hold a hyzer release to the ground thrown with a steeper angle.

I think its the best driver with an overmold personally.

Until you wake up and realize the wrath/crave are just weird colored faster/slower volts.

We know the best driver MVP has ever made and saying it isnt the volt is cute but...

You can find domey volts today that fly just like them. I had 5 protons just earlier this year and saw a few indifferent plastics at gggt recently..

I never liked the FR volt. Always prefered the real slightly OS ones.

This really isn't nearly as easy an answer I thought it would be.

I have two volts: one that is faf and one that has some dome, similar to a plasma with low plh.

The low plh volt flies similar to a crave. Appreciable high speed turn, then locks until it fades. The volt fade is more like a 2. The crave is more like 1. I'm seeing the teebird flight you guys were mentioning from the crave, but it still has a touch of turn.

The faf volt has absolutely no chance of turning, and a nice long fade.

I could easily go relay/faf volt/plasma volt

Or

Faf volt/crave/beat crave

Or a shock/crave/beat crave

But it's a tough call. I think they're pretty close to interchangeable...but I love me some speed 6 goodness, so a relay/volt combo may have to do it.

I have an issue... I love my crave and it is super awesome. Decided to buy an eclipse volt, and turns out my plasma volt is much more overstable than my eclipse.. I think the eclipse volt is a first run maybe, and that my plasma volt (max weight btw) is one of those freak ones. Currently I have a beat neutron, an eclipse, and a plasma.