• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Paradox

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
The new Axiom Paradox arrived today. Alot of sites still have pre-order only. I snagged this Special Edition 177g one cause I really dig the blue on blue. I watched a video with some real cool looking flights and turnover shots. I'm very intrigued by the flight numbers and fun shots I'm hoping to make happen.
I'll throw it tomorrow for the first time and report back.

Speed 5
Glide 4
Turn -4
Fade 0

Whoa!!

'If you're looking for a midrange that can't help but turn, look no further than the Paradox! Among the most understable midranges ever produced, the Paradox is capable of some truly unique lines. High-power players will be using the Paradox for utility shots like rollers, low speed flip ups, massive nose up anhyzers, and other touch shots. Low-power players will find the Paradox is a great first midrange for straight or hyzer-flip flights. Whether you're using it as a teaching tool, or a utility disc for woods golf, the Paradox's understability won't let you down. If you need it to turn, the Paradox is the disc for you!'

Attachments

• IMG_7059.jpg
    IMG_7059.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 39
axiom_paradox.jpg

Yeah I'll be curious, I always am, might get an uplink instead but we'll see if I score a gyropalooza box or not. Who am I kidding, I'll probably get one.

Got one of the special edition paradox. The plastic feels like 400 spectrum from prodigy which is my favorite plastic type. It is really nice to have a similar feel without all the flashing. The disc felt similar to the fuse in that the rim is noticably more shallow then midranges I am used to throwing. The fuse rim feels to shallow for me to comfortably grip while the paradox felt shallow but not enough to where I couldn't grip it.

Unfortunately, I could only throw it around my yard for 150' very slow controlled type shots. I also happen to have a brand new meteor and threw them both on the same lines. For slower small throws they flew very similarly. I plan on throwing it at the course tomorrow on some real lines.

Interesting flight numbers.

It seems like a Paradox to me to release a disc with such US flight numbers that would not likely be used for many shots when more commonly used stable discs that would sell quickly are so hard to find.

But I'm sure they see something I don't.

Geez I guess but it's all subjective... comet is 4 5 -2 1 so not far off that. I preferred the Comets 0 rating myself... I ha 've a stack of those and they go from -3+ to a dead zero for turn so it really depends on where the paradox's break over speed is. Personally I could use a little more fade but it looks like it would play other than a lack of glide. Or supposed lack of.. Hex is -1 1 for turn/fade and it FH's great.. Kinda beefy for backhand.

-4 ? That seems like some Trilogy numbering.

From a dude that throws Trilogy.

I had a fun time airing this out in the field yesterday. You HAVE to trust it to do its thing. Easy to get a roller if you try to turn it. Got some nice hyzer release, pop up to flat then turn shots. Some big endless turnover shots. The 0 Fade is correct. I like it enough to ink it. This new 177 Paradox is more understable than my 170 worn TP Tursas
I like it so far.

i picked one up with the same coloring as Jame's WC Envy, it looks sick. I am interested in seeing how it flies. I have a trash forehand so I rely on understable discs to get right in a hurry but I've been missing one in the low speed ranges. Hopefully this does the trick and isn't too understable.

I imagine these would be good for a beginner/young kid?

Got one of the special edition paradox. The plastic feels like 400 spectrum from prodigy which is my favorite plastic type. It is really nice to have a similar feel without all the flashing. The disc felt similar to the fuse in that the rim is noticably more shallow then midranges I am used to throwing. The fuse rim feels to shallow for me to comfortably grip while the paradox felt shallow but not enough to where I couldn't grip it.

Unfortunately, I could only throw it around my yard for 150' very slow controlled type shots. I also happen to have a brand new meteor and threw them both on the same lines. For slower small throws they flew very similarly. I plan on throwing it at the course tomorrow on some real lines.

DELETED

i picked one up with the same coloring as Jame's WC Envy, it looks sick. I am interested in seeing how it flies. I have a trash forehand so I rely on understable discs to get right in a hurry but I've been missing one in the low speed ranges. Hopefully this does the trick and isn't too understable.

I'm hoping for this to fill the slot for low speed turnovers too, I've got an archer in my bag that I throw LHBH on shots where a RHBH would throw their stable/overstable driver, but I don't have anything for those shorter shots.

Snagged one at the local shop yesterday but it rained pretty much all day and raining most of the day today also. Might try to sneak out for a couple test throws this afternoon if the rain holds off.

Disc is comfy in the hand, has a very similar feel to the hex with a super short bottom wing piece so the parting line sits real low.

I'll be interested to see what types of lines it wants to work. I primarily throw FH but sometimes a hole shapes up better for a BH turnover instead.

Only got a dozen or so throws in with my paradox just now.

It's a 172, weather was soggy so footing and grip weren't the best. Wind was 6-7mph so I made sure to be tossing it with a tailwind.

Had no issues getting it to turn over on a flat release, and the turn was surprisingly smooth. Only time it'd turn and burn was if I didn't get enough height on it. The flight is kinda strange, but it could've been due to the tailwind, but it seemed like it wanted to turn fairly early but then kinda pan to flat and just ride that to the ground. Not complaining because it's a useful line, just not what I was initially expecting I guess.

I was getting it out to probably 250. I wasn't really loose and weather sucked, just itching to toss it a few times.

In the video I only talk about its usefulness as a tailwind bomber, but it's also super useful in the woods. Thrown RHBH with a deep hyzer and a medium-power toss, it hyzerflips and then rides to the right with nice glide. Thrown from a knee or an awkward patent-pending over-the-shoulder, it effortlessly shoots straight and doesn't fade, which makes it a great scramble disc.

Thrown mine some and found it to be a superb hyzerflip disc thrown at 1/2 power. It has glide for days. Even thrown at 50% it goes as far as most mids full power. You can't power up on it however, or it'll flip over even from a sever hyzer angle.

My store got some in so I got a regular stamp in 177 g. Kinda meh so far. Decent throws turn some amount (keep in mind my garbage arm speed) and keep floating instead of ever fading. Can't have too many different midranges, I suppose, but probably won't be my favorite.

Latest posts