• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Got to throw these some Saturday.

My experience was similar to most here. Dead straight driving putter, great HS stability, pretty much no fade on drives. I found it to be even a bit straighter (less fade) than my beatest N Envy. Holds the powered down anhyzer quite well. Real nice point and shoot P n A disc.

Certainly less 'forgiving' than the Envy of torque/oops! anhysers. I didn't see any HS turn, but really, really hard throwers might, or I could see these beating into a little flip, had that feel to it, not quite the same "stubborn" feel of the Envy's HS stability, if that makes sense.

Didn't see any difference in flight driving a 175 and 166.

Didn't putt much with them, but ran a few in that 40-50 range along side the Anodes, I thought they were pretty close to the soft P Anodes I putt with in terms of the fade/drop. Maybe a hair less than the Anodes. I feel like the soft P has a tendency to drop/fade on putts a little sooner than N counterparts.

It's entirely possible I had a bad day putting, but I was missing short and left all morning with the Proxies.

We must have been on the same schedule for bad putting days. I tried it yesterday and had the exact same experience. Then when I ran harder at the basket the Proxy wanted to sail a little. I'm used to the soft Anodes and with it being cold out it could of just been a new slick putter I wasn't used to but I didn't like it. The feel in hand is amazing but I didn't like putting with it as much as the Anode. The Anode seems to glide better and also cut the wind better with a more predictable flight. The jury will be out until I can get some soft max wt Proxies to try.

Soft P for putting is more wind resistant, and doesn't glide out as much on longer putts as N, in my experience. As more of a push putter, I get used to that drop from soft P, so when I putt some with N putters, I have a tendency to miss high.

I've never thrown an envy, but I'm in love with my proxies. First time out on the course and got an ace with one! The two I bought are pink 168 and hot pink 175. The 168 got the ace and was a dead straight 240' ace. I throw everything with a slight bit of hyzer and these just turn enough to get to flat and ride and ride and ride! Definitely made the bag. I also love how they have very similar feels to a rhyno hold the thumbtrac. Been using a rhyno for some 8 years now and certainly these don't fly that much alike, but pair quite amazingly. They fit in my bag right next to the rhyno and under my beat (but not super beat) flat top rocs. Flight like a straight shorter roc and feels of a rhyno in hand? Ummm.. Yes please.

^ if you like the Proxy you gotta give the Envy a try. It's a Proxy with more beef

I'd have to think it would be a lot like a rhyno with glide. I don't know if I need that. Certainly if I see one out on the course I would like to toss it, but it seems pretty overlappy. Just looking at the profile it looks so much like the shape of a rhyno sine bead.

Depending on how much you like your Rhynos the Envy may give them run outta the bag, superb disc. The soft neutron seems to have a bit more beef than reg neutron. No disrespect to the Rhyno

I dig it. Nice compliment to the Envy. Anode-Ion or Proxy-Envy, can't go wrong with either combo

It crept on me. At first, between the experiment and range of Envies it was overshadowed, but its too straight of a disc not to rely on it when that is needed. Definitely bagging one as a straight shot to 275' or so.

Im loving mine. I've been flirting with some long throw ins with it. like 6 metal hits from 200ish. 2 this past weekend.

It's making me scared to drive with the atoms, since it sounds like they could be Proxy killers, and I'm getting attached.

Proxy, great throwing putter. Straight, no turn, no fade, lands flat on approach shots or drives.

The Proxy has been overshadowed by the Atom's release, but I feel like Axiom/MVP really have a winner here. I've never hit so much metal from the 100' - 250' range.

When I first got the Proxy, I put it up against an Opto Pure in a long field session, throwing approach shots back and forth at several targets(trees, locations on the grass). These are very close, both have superb glide and great control, but the Proxy has zero fade, where the Pure has a small amount. The Proxy also seemed to just keep spinning a little more. Again, Proxy is a great approach putter, IMO.

Been playing around with a Proxy for a few weeks now. I don't know if I've ever encountered a disc so good at one specific thing - in this case, straight. It's just nuts consistent for short tunnel shots. I don't carry too many specialty discs, but that's such a common shot that the Proxy seems worth bagging for that alone.

Im loving mine. I've been flirting with some long throw ins with it. like 6 metal hits from 200ish. 2 this past weekend.

It's making me scared to drive with the atoms, since it sounds like they could be Proxy killers, and I'm getting attached.

Fear not, and don't short yourself on the Atom! Atom trimmed down the number of Envy's I carried, but the Proxy is still the least LSS. As straight as the Envy and Atom can be, at some point as they slow, they will fade. Proxy seems to defy nature.

Fear not, and don't short yourself on the Atom! Atom trimmed down the number of Envy's I carried, but the Proxy is still the least LSS. As straight as the Envy and Atom can be, at some point as they slow, they will fade. Proxy seems to defy nature.

Truth.

Watermelon proxy now! I didn't plan on spending any more money on putters this year but my watermelon envy needs a friend

I have messed around with it while warming up b4 rounds. It flies a straight pure line to the basket, but I haven't really got the surface beat in enough to have the grip I would want in a putting putter. However, this thing saved my hide several times at bg ams over the weekend, when I needed a pinpoint approach shot through the trees.

Latest posts