• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

back to back aces

Throwing a boss on a 250' hole? Sounds like the first one was pure luck, not skill. That had to be exciting **** though.

I once hit #14 at Plaman Park and then hit it again the next time I came to the course; a few days later. I also once aced #18 (original pin/my only tomahawk ace) at Grignon Park and deuced #17 at the same park, two separate rounds; but same day. #17 deuce is almost rarer than an ace; as it has only been done @4 times in a decade of play. Rock somebody (sorry, I forget his last name and don't feel like going to get the disc), hit two aces in one round at worlds in Ann Arbor, while playing in adv. masters division. I was the first to get an autograph from him. That same disc is signed by Ron Russell, Barry Schultz, Ken Climo, and a couple other notable players....it was also Ron's first ever left handed signature, 'cause he had smashed up his right hand; and had to finish tourney off handed. I think he still ended up in the top ten that year. Disc is also a fairly rare Climo signed Discraft disc. I have never seen back to back aces though....

The guy likes his boss. It was really windy so I can understand it for that but did you read the whole post? He hit a tree branch and it skipped into the basket. Of course that's luck but they don't differentiate between luck and skill on the score card.

Was playing best shot with 4 teams last summer.(flipping for teams) Ended up flipping with a guy I know and he ended up acing hole 8 on our local course. A short hole but still cool. We decided to play a second round and re-flip. The same guy and I ended up on the same team again. (not that weird but against the odds I guess) He then ended up acing hole 8 again during the second round. One of the craziest things I've seen on the course. We couldn't stop laughing.

I was playing with my brother once. He aced a 200' uphill shot.....then I aced it. We very roughly estimated our rates of aces per hole played and figured that was about 4,000,000 to 1.

Oh, and I was still last on the next tee.

LOL for being last to fly on the next tee after an ace, some days you just can't win dude :mad:

not sure how that qualifies as back to back aces.

your friend aced a hole. i imagine he had the box on the next hole, he didn't ace that hole and you aced it on your turn.

if you threw first and out of turn on the next hole, than i'd have to card you for a courtesy violation and mark you down for 2 (since you guys "went crazy" over the first ace, i would have issued a warning)

either way... congrats!

That is overly technical and super funny at the same time:D. I lol'ed....

mmyers on the site here (havent' seen him on here in forever) hit back to back aces on consecutive holes with the same disc.....on April fool's day nonetheless.

Nice that is unheard of. That is like one in a billion chance. That is very impressive

I'm late to this party but I'll tell my story anyway. Short version = Back to back ACES at the World Championships in Michigan in 2000. Monster course @ Hudson Mills, holes 5 & 6.
On top of that my wife won her division, Advanced Master Women, at the event. Life is still good.

Some guy at Morley in San Diego aced hole 18 the other day and when walking up to the basket with his friends, he was not cheering, didn't look impressed or anything. I asked what was going on and his friends said that it must hard to get worked up since this was his 2nd ace of the round.

I'd still be cheering - no matter what.

not sure how that qualifies as back to back aces.

your friend aced a hole. i imagine he had the box on the next hole, he didn't ace that hole and you aced it on your turn.

if you threw first and out of turn on the next hole, than i'd have to card you for a courtesy violation and mark you down for 2 (since you guys "went crazy" over the first ace, i would have issued a warning)

either way... congrats!

I really hope you wouldn't do either of those things :)
Throwing out of turn is only a warning the first time.. and i'd never warn someone for celebrating an ace..

You're just being a silly guy :)..
When are we playing again.. when's the next philly monthly?

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Not back-to-back but a few years back me and a friend went down to Tucson to play the courses there. I skip-aced the 2nd hole at Groves Park. Later that same day my friend skip-aced #1 at Santa Cruz River Park. It was pretty sweet. Two skip aces in one day!!

I witnessed two guys on the same card both ace the same hole. And they were playing skins, so it was a push.

I've seen back to back aces twice on the same hole/card. Once in my group and once on the hole behind me. and for a 3rd time had 2 aces on the same hole/card

At last years Bowling Green Ams, me and another guy on my card named Slim hit aces (me on hole 2 and him on hole 5) Not back to back, but only 3 holes apart. Still the craziest thing I've seen while playing.