• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backhand help

Posture, posture, posture. You are doing the funky chicken... anterior pelvic tilt/butt wink, spine extended, knees excessively bent, both shoulders retracted behind back.

Engage your core tucking your navel toward the belt buckle so the spine goes into slight flexion with your chest more over the disc and hinged at the hips and shoulders hanging forward. You should feel your hamstrings being stretched instead of your quads.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 4.04.31 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 4.04.31 PM copy.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 89
Note how you are leaning over toes/left tee and turning back early and not really driving off right foot. When left foot crosses behind you should feel your left hip/shoulder going underneath the right side(pumping disc higher) and then reverse striding right foot into plant. Your left hip/shoulder are going over as your balance is leaning over toes and left arm goes out to counter balance and try and help turn torso instead of turning/getting deeper/inside leveraging from ground up. It will feel like walking/striding across the tee left to right and planting open when you start to get it.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133543

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 8.25.00 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 8.25.00 PM copy.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 61
Pretty sure he is referencing the fact that OP is planting with a flat foot, instead of toes first. I would guess "reverse" stride is referencing the fact that your heel should be slightly more targetwards than your toes when going into the plant. I.e. your foot is facing the reverse direction of travel. The heel closer to target indicates an internally rotated right hip, which allows full rotation of the upper body.

OP appears to plant with both toe and heel together in a type of stomp plant.

I suggest OP trying speed skater exercises to get more of the heel->toe feeling of transferring weight.

Can you clarify what you mean by this part here?

Pretty sure he is referencing the fact that OP is planting with a flat foot, instead of toes first. I would guess "reverse" stride is referencing the fact that your heel should be slightly more targetwards than your toes when going into the plant. I.e. your foot is facing the reverse direction of travel. The heel closer to target indicates an internally rotated right hip, which allows full rotation of the upper body.

OP appears to plant with both toe and heel together in a type of stomp plant.

I suggest OP trying speed skater exercises to get more of the heel->toe feeling of transferring weight.
I was talking about the left hip/shoulder going underneath right hip/shoulder in x-step. Then reverse or mirror that so right hip/shoulder go underneath left hip/shoulder striding into plant.

Stance looks too wide and crashes over top front leg a bit.