• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast X ... what is this?

The Discmania TD is really similar to a stable Beast. I feel like if you're looking for a beast-x type flight, check out a TD, Star line 170+ is solid

I throw both molds and love them each for different reasons.
The X is stable and predictable
The L is a flip up machine
Being from Wisco there are alot of beast throwers due to Barry.

If I had to choose one it would always be the L tho.

Its cool that the X mold is running, but bummed that the L is broken and not due to be replaced.

Weird story about how they ended up running the X again, What I saw was they ordered another L mold and got an X from the die maker.
Mix up with blue prints...
Someone said that was the story from Dave D, but take it all with a few grains of salt

Weird story about how they ended up running the X again, What I saw was they ordered another L mold and got an X from the die maker.
Mix up with blue prints...
Someone said that was the story from Dave D, but take it all with a few grains of salt

Grains of salt, indeed. Innova has been taking out the "L" molds of almost everything they'd made in the past, to wit:

The Star SL is gone. A few pro SLs are hanging around
The FL is out of production; a few remain here and there.
The Star TL got its page put into the Innova Proshop, and is possibly not going to be made anymore. (Ditto that for the Champ TL?)
The Beast-L is now going away.
The Eagle-L is an endangered species, I understand.

So there's a distinct pattern here. L-molds are being eased out, IMHO.

Just to update Beast throwers, both Beast-X and Beast-L are being run. Beast-X numbers are now moving from [10|5|-2|2] to [10|5|-1|2]. Beast-L will be stamped "Beast" and flight numbers are moving from [10|5|-3|2] to [10|5|-2|2].

Just to update Beast throwers, both Beast-X and Beast-L are being run. Beast-X numbers are now moving from [10|5|-2|2] to [10|5|-1|2]. Beast-L will be stamped "Beast" and flight numbers are moving from [10|5|-3|2] to [10|5|-2|2].

That would be great news!
Where did you hear that the L mold is running?
My understanding is the mold is broken and not due to be replaced.

This is from the sticky post on the beast collectors page (FB)
Welcome, this group is for INNOVA BEAST; collectors, buyers, sellers, price checkers, and traders... questions are welcome too.
History and mold types: (XMOLD) DX in 2002, (XMOLD) Pro Line followed by (XMOLD) Champion and (XMOLD) Pro in 2003... the mold changed (to LMOLD) some time in 2005 and also became available in Star plastic. In 2014, the latest addition of Gstar is available in both molds (X and L)..
***Now in 2015 the Xmold is permanently back and the Lmold is OOP.
Before you ask, look at this and read comment in this post for more info.
Rules: there are no rules yet, we are too small for now and you guys have been great with keeping it gentlemen like. The only thing I'd ask is to refrain from raffles and bad language.

IF this is true, I'm psyched. L mold is a good disc.

That would be great news!
Where did you hear that the L mold is running?
My understanding is the mold is broken and not due to be replaced.

I make the stamps. Most of what's currently being run is the L config. There's a lot of existing Beast-X stock in a variety of plastics though so it'll probably be a little while until the new stuff is being distributed. The first new Beast-Xs stamped with "Beast-X" [10|5|-1|2] will likely be coming from the East coast and will be GStar material.

Last edited:
I just got back from Hastings. They had two champ Xs. One with the regular stamp, and one with beast X stamp. I have still not seen an X in Star.

I paired the Beast-X and Beast-L today and they are a formidable combo, like a slower Surge and Surge SS combo.

XJyemeI.jpg

I just checked Innova East Coast production... 99% of Champions are Beast-X, regardless of stamp, and 100% of Star are Beast (L).

Thx for the heads up, I will have to stock up on star beasts!

Just looked at the rest of the stock...
DX are currently BEAST. very low PLH IMHO.
PRO seems to be a mixture, L/X mixed in the Heavy, L in 170-172, Mix in 165-9.
GStar were all X, at least from the sampling I checked.
Dyed Champion also X, but seems a bit slighter slant in the bottom lip. Was hard to tell the difference.
Dyed Pro were a mix as well, but there was a decent amount of X mixed in.

The Beast "X" has been my go to driver from day 1! The Beast "L" was however my first Ace. Personally, I think the fall right in line with Wraith, Destroyer with the -1/3 rating. I think the X Mold should be a 10/5/-1/3. In regards to star plastic, Dave Dunipace' did make at least one Special Blend Star X Mold Beast, and it is in my collection!! :)

I picked up a star Beast. It surely looked like an X mold. I threw it and it was surely more stable than I remember my old beast back about 4-7 years. I like it. It's nice to have a Beast disc that I can pull on and not worry about a turn and burn. I agree they should have BOTH molds and just label them. I stopped using the beast because it became too flippy for what I was using it for, instead went to a mamba for US and an Orc for straight to stable, but I like the beast feel much better. Also the Starfire rules, fyi

Latest posts