• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginner Anny disc?

KniceZ

Double Eagle Member
I currently throw a Buzzz for my mid but, I'm having some trouble with moderate range (~200 ft) anny throws. I've also got a Buzzz SS but was wondering if there would be a better disc. I know Comets are great but I'd rather not have one mid w/o a bead and the other with.

meteor, the buzzz ss will work if you have the power for it, the meteor will work even if you don't.

squall, glide, meteor, comet... all good for annies.

I like stable discs for annies... Comets, beat Rocs, or Buzzzes. If you are asking for an understable disc then I recommend Cobras or Stratuses.
Anny is a release angle, not a flight path that goes right (RHBH).

glide glide glide gliddeeeeeeeee.

oh..or a vulcan. wow that thing is so flippy its like its doing backflips

I currently throw a Buzzz for my mid but, I'm having some trouble with moderate range (~200 ft) anny throws. I've also got a Buzzz SS but was wondering if there would be a better disc. I know Comets are great but I'd rather not have one mid w/o a bead and the other with.

i was unaware my answers were limited to mids

Throwing a Vulcan at 200' is like bringing a chainsaw to cut down a sapling.

For a 200' shot I really can't think of anything apart from putters or a Comet, perhaps a Fuse... Even the Meteors I've thrown would fade out from time to time on this shot. Maybe if you beat them in...

But yeah, a putter would be a first choice, followed by the Comet and the Fuse (if you dislike beads).

I'm sticking with a Magnet. Making anything other than a putter hold an anhyzer on a 200' shot is tricky, even a flippy midrange will usually either turn and burn or want to fight out too soon during the slowest portion of the flight.

Yea what jubuttib said...

fresh magnets are fairly stable and will pull out of a 200' anny in my experience

beat them in and they are really fun anny approach discs though

Keep working with that Buzzz, or get a Challenger. At 200' you really don't want anything that's going to hold that anny all the way to the ground, or you'll risk ending up with a roller that takes off on you. You want something that it going to flatten out, right at the end of the flight, and sit down. That can be done with a Buzzz, but is an even better shot with a Challenger

Magnet and Meteor are both good choices if you're going to throw it as a turn-over shot, but the meteor might be too long for 200', and if it's thrown on an anny, it's going to hold that to the ground, and roll off on you like I said above.

I gotta ask... do you want a disc for throwing with anhyzer release? If yes, Hornet.

or do you want something that will hold a sweeping turn to the right (rhbh)? If yes, Comet.